These Smoked Deviled Eggs are a show stopping twist on an old classic! Perfectly flavorful and the perfect appetizer to accompany any meal!
First off, I owe you all a HUGE apology! I have been sitting on this recipe for over one month now and THAT is just plain rude. This recipe is one that the world NEEDS to have in their lives. As in, this appetizer (or snack, I don’t judge), is a total game changer!
Long gone are normal deviled eggs. Not only are these PACKED with flavor, but the crowds LOVE them! I don’t know if its the bacon on top (bacon is life, am I right?), or if its the hint of smoke flavor the smoker adds to it! Nonetheless, prepare to be addicted to these tasty treasures!
For Christmas Eve each year, my parents host. My mom makes a beef tenderloin and puts together an incredible spread. We literally eat the entire day, play games, drink, and open presents!
This year, my hubby wanted to make an appetizer to add to the day and decided to prepare a dozen deviled eggs. He wanted to add a new twist to them, hence why the smoker came into play.
He hard boiled the eggs in my Instant Pot, but from there, he took the reigns of these and the end result was incredible!
I must have had about 3-4 myself, and I even saw my nephew with 2 in his hand and going back for seconds! Impressive, right?!
With the Super Bowl coming up, I highly encourage you all to try these! No one will be watching the game because they will all be too busy devouring these, haha!
If you try them, be sure to let me know how they turn out and what you think of them! Come connect to me on Instagram HERE and use the hashtag #thecookinchicks so I can see what you’re cooking!
Enjoy these Smoked Deviled Eggs, better late than never with this recipe, right?!
Smoked Deviled Eggs
- 7 eggs, hardboiled and peeled *see Instant Pot recipe above for cooking eggs
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tsp chives, diced
- 1 tsp brown mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt/pepper to taste
- paprika to sprinkle on top
- Chupacabra/Slap Ya Mama for an added kick
- 4 tbsp cooked bacon, crumbled *jalapeno bacon is best in this
- Set smoker to 180 degrees and allow to preheat for about 15 minutes.
- Place hardboiled/peeled eggs directly onto the smoker rack and allow to smoke for about 30 minutes.
- Remove eggs and cool.
- Slice the eggs lengthwise and remove the yellow yolk.
- Place the yolks into a Ziploc bag.
- Add the mayonnaise, chives, brown mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper to the bag.
- Zip the bag closed and combine the ingredients using your hands to squeeze the bag until combined.
- Cut the corner of the bag and pipe the filling evenly into the sliced, hardboiled egg whites.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon, Slap Ya Mama/Chupacabra, and Paprika on top.
- Chill until serving! Enjoy!