Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches are perfectly seasoned, flavorful sliders that will be an easy to prepare fan favorite at any gathering!
My favorite parts of the year are the holidays, when we get the opportunity to gather as a family and enjoy each other’s company. I especially love the food. We make BBQ, or Smoked Turkey, or oven baked ham. The sides are always to die for, including loaded mashed potatoes, Christmas Jell-O, and deviled eggs. However, the best part about cooking all of that food is the opportunity for leftovers! I love ham, but I love these Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches almost more than the ham fresh out of the oven!
Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches make the perfect leftovers dish!
We always eat early it seems. Christmas Eve dinner is more like Christmas Eve lunch most years. Thanksgiving is always served by 2pm, although normally it’s more like 12:15! So when 7pm rolled around during our last holiday gathering, and everybody started to get munchy, I knew it was the perfect time to test drive this recipe. Leftover ham (which was plentiful that day!), leftover Hawaiian sliders (again, plentiful), and a few quick ingredients and these sliders were out of the oven and into bellies in no time!
There’s something about sliders. These sliders combine smoky leftover ham and sharp cheddar cheese. The Dijon mustard and Worcestershire (how do you even say this??) sauce add a nice flavor element. Baked in the oven and brushed with butter, these sliders will have everybody asking for more! I love eating sliders….2-3 bites and they are gone, but when executed perfectly, they are literally the best 2-3 bites on your plate. These Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches did not disappoint!
Do you love these Ham and Cheese Sliders? check out my other sliders that are sure to be a hit!
Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 24 slider rolls *Hawaiian Sweet rolls for me!
- 1 lb sliced cooked ham
- 1 lb swiss cheese *thinly sliced
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan and preheat the oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and minced onion.
- Open the rolls and place the bottom rolls into the baking dish, side by side.
- Layer some ham on the bottom roll and place a slice of cheese on top.
- Place the top of the rolls on each slice of cheese to create a sandwich.
- Pour mustard mixture evenly over entire pan, making sure to coat each sandwich.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sandwiches are turning slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!!