Let me start out by answering the question going through your mind right now. Why is it called crack chicken?? Well, because this chicken is addicting! Seriously! My kids were licking their plates clean afterwards (well, trying to at least before I stopped them…..that’s just weird, right?!).
A few weeks ago, I was having one of those crazy busy summer days and knew that if I didn’t something in my slow cooker that morning, dinner would be “take out” that night. Luckily, I had all the ingredients on hand for this chicken and it took less than 5 minutes to put together! Using only 4 ingredients, this meal is budget friendly as well!
After being out all day and coming home, not only did our house smell amazing, but dinner was ready!! I served ours as sandwiches, but this chicken would also be great over pasta, rice, or by itself!!
However you choose to serve this, you’ll love it!! Leftovers the next day were just as tasty served cold, so serve it as you desire because the possibilities are endless!
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a slow cooker, place the chicken on the bottom, followed by the cream cheese, dry Ranch mix, and bacon.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Remove lid and shred chicken using two forks.
- Serve on its own, on a bun as a sandwich, wrap, over pasta, rice, etc.