Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sliders are an easy, affordable meal option packed with flavor! Shredded BBQ Chicken on a Hawaiian Roll with some cabbage slaw for an added crunch. Perfect for an appetizer, meal, or tailgating!
Don’t you just love a good slider? I know I sure do! So many variations, simple to make, and perfect for just about any occasion!
During the school year, I use my crockpot (aka slow cooker) several times each week. On busy days, I can toss some ingredients into it, move on with my day, and come dinnertime, dinner is ready!
Since my kids love BBQ chicken, I decided to put some chicken into the crockpot with our favorite sauce and let it cook all day. Once the chicken was cooked, I shredded it with two forks, served it on Hawaiian rolls, and added a bit of coleslaw mix for a slight crispness! Not only were these sandwiches a huge hit with my family, but they were great enjoyed as leftovers the next day!
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sliders are one of the easiest ever Crock Pot recipes! Only a few simple ingredients needed!
Only about 2 minutes of prep work was required, and about 5 minutes to assemble! Doesn’t get better than that! Plus, you can prepare as many or as little as you need!
Why this recipe is our favorite
This easy recipe is completely no fail. The chicken comes out perfectly tender and flavorful each and every time!
Only a few ingredients are needed to prepare this! Chicken, BBQ sauce, rolls, and cabbage slaw (optional).
You can prepare the chicken ahead of time and assemble when needed! In fact, this chicken can be prepared up to 3 days before needed and stored in the refrigerator!
Ingredients Needed for these Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sliders:
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts– I prefer chicken breasts because they are simple to shred and lean, however, if you want to use thighs, that works great too!
BBQ Sauce– choose your favorite sauce and roll with it! Spicy, sweet, hickory, original, and more all work!
Hawaiian Rolls– with a slight sweetness, these are the perfect rolls to serve the BBQ chicken on.
Coleslaw Mix– grab a bag from your grocery store and add as little or much as desired. Such a great crunchy addition to the sliders.
How to make Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sliders
You’ll notice just how simple this recipe is by reading the minimal steps below!
1. Place the chicken and BBQ sauce in your crockpot.
2. Cook chicken on low for about 7-8 hours, or high for about 4 hours.
3. Using two forks, shred the chicken and stir to incorporate the BBQ sauce fully on the shredded chicken.
4. Slice Hawaiian rolls in half and place desired amount of chicken onto each bottom half of the bun.
5. Place desired amount of coleslaw mix on top of chicken and place top of Hawaiian roll on top. Serve and enjoy!
What type of bun is best for this BBQ chicken?
Hawaiian Rolls are by far our favorite as they are fluffy, perfectly sweet, and easy to slice. However, you can use any type of roll such as a hamburger bun, dinner roll, turn it into a wrap, etc. The possibilities are endless.
What type of BBQ sauce do you recommend?
Any type works, if you desire a sweet BBQ sauce, use it! Want some heat, go the spicy route. Perhaps even chipotle!
Our go to favorite sauce is Head Country Honey BBQ Sauce! It has a warm, toasted honey taste, has a rich backbone of the balanced flavors of a melting pot of celebrated BBQ traditions, its heat level: 2 out of 5, offers no glutens, allergens, or high fructose corn syrup, and is vegetarian! You can purchase HERE or at your local HEB (if you’re in Texas)!
Delicious Toppings for these BBQ Chicken Sliders:
Coleslaw mix (my go-to)
French Fried Onions
Hot Sauce or Nacho Cheese
Love sliders? Check out these other great recipes:
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 1 lb chicken breast *boneless/skinless
- 20 oz BBQ sauce
- 1 package Hawaiian rolls
- 2 cups coleslaw
- Place chicken in crockpot and cover with BBQ sauce.
- Place lid on crockpot and cook low for 7-8 hours, or high for about 4 hours.
- Using two forks or a meat shredder, shred chicken and stir to fully coat chicken in sauce.
- Slice Hawaiian rolls in half and scoop desired amount of chicken onto the bottom of each roll.
- Add desired amount of coleslaw or other toppings and place top half of bun on top to create a slider sandwich.
- Serve and enjoy!