These Jalapeno Chicken Sliders make the perfect appetizer, snack, or meal! Flavorful, simple to make, and always a hit!
Last week, I knew I would be pressed for time come dinner due to my sons football game. I needed something I could have ready to go in no time, that also saved for my older son after his game.
After looking through my freezer, pantry, and refrigerator, I landed on a bag of pre-shredded chicken I had, some jalapenos, cream cheese, and Hawaiian rolls. What did I make with that? Well, these Jalapeno Chicken Sliders of course!
Since my kids were eating them with us, I took all the seeds out of the jalapenos to tame the heat. If you like heat, keep some seeds in and spice it up!
Not only were these a huge hit (they always are), but they were quick and easy! I was able to prepare these in under 10 minutes, PLUS, make them ahead of time!
I served ours with a side salad to keep it simple, but you can add chips, pasta salad, fruit, and more!
If you are looking for an appetizer idea, give these a try! Quick meal option? Yep, these are great! Even a snack for game day or having people over!
Budget friendly, kid approved, and busy night approved! Just what the meal plan calls for this week, right?!
If you try these Jalapeno Chicken Sliders, be sure to let me know what you think! Also, come connect with me on Instagram HERE!
Jalapeno Chicken Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian Rolls *or slider rolls
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 lb Chicken Breast, cooked/shredded
- 2 Jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan lightly (you can also use a cookie sheet if desired).
- Using a sharp knife, cut the slider rolls in half.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls into the baking pan evenly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, chicken, and diced jalapeno.
- Spread mixture evenly over bottom layer of rolls.
- Place the top layer of rolls on top of the chicken mixture to create sandwiches.
- In a small bowl, microwave the butter and garlic powder together until melted.
- Brush butter mixture lightly on top of the rolls.
- Place pan into preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve!
Recipe adapted from: Real House Moms