Everyone always loves Mom’s Pasta Salad when at any gathering! Tender pasta, tomatoes, olives, broccoli, and mozzarella tossed in an Italian dressing!
Growing up, my mom made this tasty pasta salad anytime she would host summer BBQ’s, potlucks, and picnics. As a kid, I always picked out the olives and all but begged her to simply omit them….not an olive fan, clearly, haha!
Originally, it started out with broccoli and tomatoes in it only. However, over the years, it evolved into quite the packed pasta salad! She has put cut up salami, mozzarella, tomatoes, broccoli, olives, and more in it! However, if one or more of those aren’t a favorite of yours, simply omit!
Best part, you can prepare this ahead of time and save yourself time the day of! My mom typically makes this the day before an event and I swear, it is so much better. Perhaps it marinades in the dressing, but nonetheless, its scrumptious and quite refreshing!
She made this for our Memorial Day gathering this past weekend and everyone loved it! Lucky enough, there were leftovers that got sent home with each of the families. She had also marinated chicken breasts and the extras were included in our “take home” bags. For dinner that night, I chopped up the marinated, cooked chicken and tossed it into the pasta salad. Everything was enjoyed chilled from the refrigerator and was quite enjoyable!
If you’re looking for a tasty dish to bring to any get together, look no further! Mom knows best and that is just what this is….THE BEST!
Simple, budget friendly, and family approved! Enjoy Mom’s Pasta Salad!
Here is the Italian dressing I use, https://amzn.to/30P6oio
*Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below! You’ll receive my newest recipes directly to your inbox and be included in my exclusive subscriber only giveaways!
Mom's Pasta Salad
- 1 lb tri-color rotini, cooked
- 1 bottle Robusto Italian dressing
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup olives, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella, diced
- salami, chopped
- Cook pasta according to boxed directions. Drain and allow to cool completely.
- To assemble pasta salad, place cooked pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, olives, mozzarella, and salami in a large bowl.
- Pour desired amount of dressing on top of pasta mixture and toss to coat. Use as much or little dressing as desired to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve! Enjoy!