About two years ago, a neighbor of mine was selling her panini press. Since it was too good of a deal to pass up, and I had never tried a panini before, I bought it from her. Now that I have that kitchen appliance, I use it quite frequently. Both my hubby and I are huge fans of trying new panini creations!
Last week, we had some avocado, turkey, and crumbled bacon on hand, so we combined the three and this panini was created. It was so flavorful, not too heavy tasting, and was quite simple! We used ciabatta rolls, but you can also use focaccia rolls! Either works great!
With the upcoming holidays, I highly recommend getting a panini maker if you enjoy a yummy sandwich!
Check out this one here….received great ratings and is a great price!! Enjoy!!
Ingredients: (this makes 2 sandwiches)
- Ciabatta rolls (2)
- Sliced turkey breast
- Provolone, Muenster, Havarti, or any other desired sliced cheese
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Crumbled Bacon pieces
- Cut rolls in half.
- On one side of the roll, place a slice of cheese, sliced turkey, and tomato.
- On the other side of the roll, spread the mashed avocado.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on top of avocado.
- Add some crumbled bacon on top and place two sides of rolls together to create a sandwich.
- Place sandwiches on preheated panini press and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- *If you do not have a panini press, you can spread a light layer of butter on the outside of the sandwiches and cook them in a skillet, over medium heat.