Using only a few ingredients, this melt-in-your-mouth slow cooker chicken recipe is a must-try! Tender chicken slow cooked in a creamy parmesan cheese sauce and served with your choice of noodle!
Months ago, I posted a recipe for Melt in your Mouth Chicken. It ended up taking off and quickly becoming one of the most popular recipes on my blog!! Many of you tweaked it and tried new varieties (which I LOVED hearing the feedback)! In fact, that recipe alone has been the top pinned recipe for three years in a row now!
After going through all the comments, many of you asked if it could be made in a slow cooker. Since I wasn’t sure, I decided to put it to the test. The end result? Yep, it most definitely is great in the slow cooker!!
Love your slow cooker? Check out a few of my favorite slow cooker recipes here:
Now that I know it is great in the slow cooker, this version is my new go to! I simply prepare the meal in the morning quickly, move on with my day, and come dinnertime, I have dinner ready in no time with minimal effort required. Even my family is impressed and telling me I outdid myself.
To add a slight kick to this, I like to add a pinch of Cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes. If your family is not big on heat, no worries, simply skip that idea and follow the directions below!
I served mine over Zoodles (zucchini noodles) to keep it a bit healthier. If you prefer pasta, mashed potatoes, or enjoying it on its own…it’ll be just as great!
As we head into the Fall/winter season, I love using my slow cooker more because not only does it save me time and effort, but the house ends up smelling incredible and cozy on those cool evenings! Plus, using a slow cooker liner (highly recommend), clean up can be a breeze. Pull the liner out, tie it up, and toss it out.
Melt In Your Mouth Slow Cooker Chicken: Print Recipe Below!
Slow Cooker Melt in your Mouth Chicken
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise OR plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Zoodles or cooked pasta
- Place chicken breasts on bottom of slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan, seasoning salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Spread mixture evenly on top of chicken breasts.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for about 6 hours.
- Once cooked, remove from slow cooker and serve over zoodles (zucchini noodles) or cooked pasta.