These Fiesta Chicken Foil Packets come together in no time and make clean up a breeze. Seasoned chicken, veggies, beans, and more!
Can you believe summer is almost here? I don’t know about you, but this year seems to have flown by!
My kids get out of school for the summer starting next week, and it feels like school just started! Definitely a crazy year, huh?!
As summer approaches, that means hot, hot, hot weather here in Houston, TX. Lots of pool time, cranking down the A/C, and trying to minimize meals that heat up the kitchen.
One of our favorite meals to make are foil packets because we each get a packet and can change it up to fit preferences.
We make Shrimp Foil Packets which are a HUGE hit with my kids, and now…these Fiesta Chicken Foil Packets!
Last weekend, the kids were swimming and we needed to start thinking about dinner. I had pulled some chicken out to thaw, but that was about it. After going through our refrigerator, we tossed some ingredients into foil packets and headed to the grill.
Dinner was ready in no time and all the kids had to do was grab a plate, grab their packet, and dig in! Doesn’t get much easier than that!
If you want to change this up to fit your tastes, feel free! You can use a different seasoning, add in more/less veggies, and have fun with it!
Perhaps serve on its own or with some crescent rolls? You can even finish this simple meal off with a tasty dessert and try my Mini Banana Cream Pies!
Fiesta Chicken Foil Packets
- 4 chicken breasts *boneless/skinless
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese *shredded
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 15 oz black beans *drained/rinsed
- 10 oz Rotel *drained
- 1 tbsp Chupacabra seasoning or seasoning of choice
- Cilantro/Jalapeno/Tomatoes for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cut aluminum foil into four large sheets and spray with cooking spray.
- Place one chicken breast on top of the sprayed foil.
- Season chicken with desired seasoning adding more/less to taste.
- Divide the corn, beans, and Rotel evenly among the four sheets, on top of the chicken.
- Fold the ends of the foil to seal into packets and place on grill, vegetable side down, for about 10 minutes.
- Flip packet over and allow to cook an additonal 10-15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and carefully open each packet.
- Add the cheese and any garnish desired on top. Serve and enjoy!