Tomato Basil Chicken is a healthy, flavorful dish that is packed with juicy tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and topped with Parmesan!
For my dad’s birthday a few days ago, my mom and I made this dish together! Not only was it easy to make, but the flavor was amazing!
Tender chicken, diced tomatoes, garlic, and Basil combined into a flavorful, healthy meal everyone will enjoy!
Using fresh tomatoes and basil, this is quite healthy too!!
We served this chicken over pasta, but if you are not a pasta fan, you could definitely serve this by itself!!
If you love healthy meal options, also check out these great recipes:
With summer weather still upon us, this is the perfect dinner for any night!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know in the comment section below what you think if you end up giving this a try!!
How to prepare:
Tomato Basil Chicken is a flavor packed, healthy meal option ready to enjoy in only 20 minutes! Print the recipe below and be sure to add it to your next meal plan!
Tomato Basil Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless/skinless
- salt/pepper/garlic powder/dried Basil (to taste)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 cup Basil, chopped (fresh is best)
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Season the chicken with salt/pepper/garlic powder/dried basil.
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add in chicken once the oil is hot. Cook on one side for about 4-5 minutes.
- Flip chicken to other side and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until juices start to run clear.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the chopped basil. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut butter into small pieces and add to the skillet.
- Add in the minced garlic.
- Turn heat down to low and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Once done simmering, you can serve over cooked pasta, rice, or by itself.
- Sprinkle desired amount of Parmesan cheese on top of chicken prior to serving.
Recipe updated 11/9/21