A flavorful soup that is packed with flavor, quick to prepare, and the perfect meal for the Fall/Winter season!
For years, my mom made her tasty Vegetable Beef Barley Soup! Anytime she made meals for others, this would be the soup she prepared. Everyone went crazy over it and even all of you following the blog have LOVED the recipe!
Recently, she changed the barley to noodles and the end result was EVEN BETTER (in my opinion of course, hehe). Hearty and flavorful with tender noodles, veggies, and ground beef, this soup is a definite must try! Freeze the leftovers for a later date, or share with family and friends!
With Fall/Winter weather heading our way, this soup is a great way to warm up! Pair with some yummy bread and you have a fabulous meal!
From mom’s kitchen to yours, enjoy!!
Mom's Vegetable Beef Noodle Soup
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 14 oz. diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1/2 lb uncooked pasta
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- 9 oz. frozen mixed veggies
- In a 4 quart saucepan or dutch oven, brown the beef.
- Add the onion and garlic, cooking until onion is tender.
- Drain fat and add remaining ingredients, excluding mixed veggies.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer about 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add frozen veggies and cook an additional 10 minutes, or until veggies are tender.