Easy, make ahead Shrimp Foil Packets are packed with potatoes, corn, sausage, and shrimp! A full meal without the mess!
Here in Houston, summer means temperatures of 100 + degrees and 100% humidity! While we aren’t quite to 100 yet, we are quite close at a balmy 95 degrees.
I have been trying to plan meals that don’t require an oven as the last thing I want to do, is heat up my house.
Check out these other great grilling options:
Since my hubby loves to smoke meats and grill, this has worked out great for him!
Last week, I bought all the fixins to make these shrimp packets and they were a huge hit. We had to go a little light on seasoning for the kids, but ours were perfectly seasoned and quite flavorful! The clean up was a breeze since we were able to throw away the foil packets and everything was made on the grill (minus the salad I served with these).
Whether making these for a BBQ/picnic, or for a quick, easy dinner one night at home….these are perfect for summer and can be adapted to use as much/little seasoning as desired!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you give these a try!
Ingredients Needed for these Shrimp Foil Packets:
Corn on the cobs (cut into thirds)
Red potatoes, quartered
Shrimp (I used peeled)
Smoked sausage, cut into small pieces
Cajun seasoning (as much or as little as desired)
How to prepare:
Cut four pieces of tin foil- out from roll (about 12 inches long).
Divide ingredients- quartered potatoes, shrimp, corn, and sausage among pieces of tin foil.
Place 1 tablespoon butter on top of each pile- along with desired amount of seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Tightly seal- each piece of foil to create a closed packet on 3 sides.
Pour in a little chicken broth- into the open hole of each packet.
Seal packets- once broth is poured in, close up last side.
Place each foil packet on a preheated grill- 400 degrees, for about 30-40 minutes making sure to flip over halfway through cooking time.
Remove from grill- once cooked and carefully open each packet.
Serve- pour contents onto a plate and enjoy!!
Shrimp Foil Packets can be made as mild or spicy as desired! Ditch the mess and have a flavor packed meal everyone will enjoy! Be sure to print the recipe below!
Shrimp Foil Packets
- 4 cobs corn *cut into thirds
- 4 red potatoes *quartered
- 2 lbs shrimp *peeled is my preference
- 1 lb smoked sausage *cut into small slices
- 4 tablespoon butter *divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Cajun seasoning *desired amount
- salt/pepper *to taste
- Cut four pieces of tin foil out from roll (about 12 inches long).
- Divide quartered potatoes, shrimp, corn, and sausage among pieces of tin foil.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter on top of each pile along with desired amount of seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Tightly seal each piece of foil to create a closed packet on 3 sides.
- Pour in a little chicken broth into the open hole of each packet.
- Once broth is poured in, close up last side.
- Place each foil packet on a preheated grill, 400 degrees, for about 30-40 minutes making sure to flip over halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from grill once cooked and carefully open each packet.
- Pour contents onto a plate and serve!!