This Smoked Corn on the Cob is incredibly flavorful, simple to make, and is the perfect summertime side dish!
A few nights ago, my hubby make Smoked Chicken Wings for dinner. Since the smoker was already heated, we decided to cook our corn on it as well.
Tender corn with smoke like flavoring in each bite…this corn is a new summer favorite!
Simply spreading some olive oil, seasonings, and putting back in the corn husk….this corn was ready to smoke!
Now, if you only have a grill, that works too, you just won’t get the smoky flavor! Nonetheless, it will be quite tasty though!
We used our favorite seasoning called Chupacabra. However, if you want a Cajun flair to this, go for it! Any favorite seasoning you have will work! I tend to always use Chupacabra in just about everything because I have yet to use it and NOT love it!
I’m not big on adding butter to corn after cooked, however, my kids love it like that! Spread some butter on, maybe some cheese, salt, or pepper and enjoy! In fact, my kids new favorite thing to use for their corn is the spray butter. Who knew that by making something come out in a spray, kids would fall even more in love with it, haha!
Love using your smoker? Check out these other favorite smoker recipes:
Nothing screams summer like corn on the cob, right?! Plus, you can keep the heat out of the kitchen by firing up the smoker and making the entire meal outside. Not only is cleanup a breeze, but the house stays cool and the meal will be a hit!
Be sure to let me know what you think of this Smoked Corn on the Cob! What are your favorite summertime dishes? I would love some more options to try!! Also check out the cute pig corn holders that are always a hit when we pull them out, link below!
Smoked Corn on the Cob: Print the recipe below!
Smoked Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears of corn, with husks
- olive oil
- seasoning of choice *we use Chupacabra, see link above
- toppings of choice: butter, salt/pepper, cheese
- Pull the husks back (but keep them on) and remove all the silks from each cob.
- Place corn in a large bowl of water and let soak for a few hours *if you don't have time for this step, you can skip, it just helps get the corn extra tender
- Remove corn from water and shake excess water off.
- Rub about 1/2 tablespoon olive oil onto each corn cob, coating entirely.
- Sprinkle desired seasoning around each corn cob and place corn husks back onto cob.
- Heat smoker to 375 degrees and place corn directly on grates.
- Smoke for about 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove corn from smoker and add desired toppings. Serve!
I was just wondering which chupacabra blend you use on your corn. I currently have brisket Magic, original blend, and Chophaus spg blend.
We tend to use the Original Blend on the corn, however, just recently my husband started putting their Special Blend on it and I think that may be my fav!! Definitely can’t go wrong with any of them though! If you purchase more, be sure to use this link so you get 15% off any order! https://www.2gringoschupacabra.com/discount/THECOOKINCHICKS