These Smoked Chicken Wings are incredibly simple to prepare and PACKED with flavor! Whether you serve as an appetizer, snack, or main dish….these will be a favorite with everyone!
I hadn’t planned on adding this recipe to the blog quite so soon, but after posting the pictures of these on my Instagram story last night, I had TONS of requests to share, therefore I knew I had to get it posted ASAP!
My hubby and I went grocery shopping yesterday morning. Lately, our grocery store has been picked over in the meat department. However, yesterday morning, they were just about fully stocked.
My hubby is one of those guys that can be TERRIBLE to bring to the store. The grocery bill almost always ends up way higher than expected and things are added to the cart we most definitely don’t need.
Yesterday however, he made a great addition! Chicken wings were on sale and he ended up grabbing two packs.
Truth be told, he had never made wings nor had I ever had any. Yes, in my whole life, all 33 years, I had never had a chicken wing.
Boneless wings, yes, but bone in….nope. I typically avoided them due to too much work. I didn’t want to eat around a bone, run into fat piece, etc.
When we got home and I noticed the packages of wings, I decided to keep an open mind and give them a try.
My hubby prepared them and put them on the smoker in the afternoon. A few short hours later, he pulled them off and we enjoyed them with some sweet corn.
We all went NUTS over these! My oldest kiddo must have plowed through 6 of them in under 5 minutes. Packed with flavor, crispy skin, and tender chicken!
I can’t wait to enjoy the second pack of these Smoked Chicken Wings in the next few weeks!
Serve for a get together, party, or for family and these will be enjoyed by all! Check out my other smoker recipes HERE!
This is the smoker we have and LOVE: https://amzn.to/2YaJ9i4
My fav BBQ sauce: https://amzn.to/3cLa9tE
Sauce Brush/Basting Brush: https://amzn.to/37ajslK
We LOVE this seasoning, we use it on EVERYTHING: https://amzn.to/2Un1Uho
Smoked Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings
- Seasoning of choice *we use Chupacabra, see link above
- 1 tsp baking powder
- BBQ sauce of choice *we use Stubb's, see link above
- In a medium bowl, add seasoning of choice (about 1/2 cup depending on how many wings you cook) *we used 1/2 cup for our 24 wings
- Add the baking powder in with the seasoning and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the seasoning thoroughly over entire chicken wing, coating evenly.
- Place wings onto grates of smoker and cook at 225 degrees for about 1 hour.
- Brush on BBQ and turn heat up to 375 degrees for another 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from smoker and enjoy!