Grilled Lobster Tails are ready in no time and packed with flavor! Heat up the grill and have it ready to go in less than 10 minutes!!
Believe it or not, I had never had lobster tail in all 30 years of living! I avoided it like the plague! No real reason why, but I stuck firm in my “no seafood” mentality! My hubby however, LOVES seafood and even got my kiddos into it as well! For their birthdays, they request things such as shrimp, scallops, salmon, etc.
Fast and foolproof, this recipe is your ticket to an impressive main dish!
Last week, I saw lobster tails on sale at our local grocery store and knew it was something my hubby would love. I picked up a few packages and added them to the meal plan. A few evenings later, my hubby fired up the grill, prepared them, and one bite in….we were ALL hooked. My kids ate their entire lobster tail and even asked for seconds!!
I even found that I too loved them and was a new fan! I headed back to the grocery store a few days later to stock our freezer up on a few more packages!!
Since then, my hubby and I started a yearly tradition with the kids and let them pick dinner on the last night of school. For the past three years, all three of my kids have requested lobster tails as their dinner of choice. Here I was thinking I would get off the hook with making macaroni or pizza, but nope, they chose these!
These are simple to prepare, quick to cook, and packed with flavor!! With summer here, let the grill do the work and keep the heat out of the kitchen!!
My hubby makes a garlic butter sauce in a saucepan over medium heat and we enjoy dipping each of our bites into the sauce. Adds so much flavor, but doesn’t over power the original taste of the lobster!
Wondering what to serve with these lobster tails? How about these options:
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below!!
These Grilled Lobster Tails are ready to devour in under 10 minutes! Print the recipe below to try a mouthwatering dish!
Grilled Lobster Tails
- 4 lobster tails
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Using scissors, cut top of lobster shell lengthwise down the center, leaving tail fin intact.
- Loosen meat from shell, keeping the fin end attached. Lift meat and lay over shell. With a knife, cut a slit, 1/2 inch deep, down the center of the meat and make sure it is deveined.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic cloves, pepper, salt, and Cajun seasoning.
- Spoon mixture generously over tops of lobster tails.
- Place lobster tails, meat side up, onto a cookie sheet and place sheet on grill. Add a bit of water to the bottom of the cookie sheet to keep things moist.
- Grill covered, over medium heat, for about 10 minutes, or until meat is opaque.
- Remove from grill and serve!
- You can serve this with a small bowl of melted butter to dip the meat into if desired.
I live in an apartment and can not have an out door b-q, can this be done in the oven?
If you’ve never eaten lobster in your life, do you think your recipe here has much validity for those that have eaten it their entire lives?
Sure! In the oven, for 350 degrees! Works just as good!