Grilled Lobster Tail is ready in no time and packed with flavor! Heat up the grill and have it ready to go in less than 5 minutes!!
Believe it or not, I had never had lobster tail in all 30 years of living! I avoided it like the plague! No real reason why, but I stuck firm in my “no seafood” mentality! My hubby however, LOVES seafood and even got my kiddos into it as well! For their birthdays, they request things such as shrimp, scallops, salmon, etc.
Last week, I saw lobster tails on sale at our local grocery store and knew it was something my hubby would love. I picked up a few packages and added them to the meal plan. A few evenings later, my hubby fired up the grill, prepared them, and one bite in….we were ALL hooked. My kids ate their entire lobster tail and even asked for seconds!!
I even found that I too loved them and was a new fan! I headed back to the grocery store a few days later to stock our freezer up on a few more packages!!
These are simple to prepare, quick to cook, and packed with flavor!! With summer here, let the grill do the work and keep the heat out of the kitchen!! I served ours with Mexican Street Corn and Smashed Potatoes!!
Grilled Lobster Tails
- 4 lobster tails
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Using scissors, cut top of lobster shell lengthwise down the center, leaving tail fin intact.
- Loosen meat from shell, keeping the fin end attached. Lift meat and lay over shell. With a knife, cut a slit, 1/2 inch deep, down the center of the meat and make sure it is deveined.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic cloves, pepper, salt, and Cajun seasoning.
- Spoon mixture generously over tops of lobster tails.
- Place lobster tails, meat side up, onto a cookie sheet and place sheet on grill. Add a bit of water to the bottom of the cookie sheet to keep things moist.
- Grill covered, over medium heat, for about 10 minutes, or until meat is opaque.
- Remove from grill and serve!
Shared over at Meal Plan Monday