One Skillet Pesto Chicken and Veggies is a flavor packed, one pan meal the entire family will enjoy! Healthy, budget friendly, and quick to the table!
I don’t know about you, but a one skillet dinner (also known as one pan meals) are winners with me. Easy prep, cooking, and most importantly, clean up! Now, I am one lucky gal because my hubby does the dishes each night, but anytime I can make that process easier, I will!!
Also check out these other tasty one pan meals:
Since my kiddos love Pesto, I decided to throw everything in one skillet, add some in, and hope for the best. The end result? A success!! My kids stuffed their mouths full of chicken, asparagus, and my boys even ate the tomatoes!! My daughter refused, but she’s the picky one, haha!!
If you are short on time, or just don’t want to put a lot of effort into dinner….try this dish!
Healthy, budget friendly, and ready to serve in under 15 minutes! This dinner is a family approved recipe you must try!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you give this dish a try!
Ingredients Needed for this One Skillet Pesto Chicken and Veggies:
Chicken breasts, boneless/skinless, diced
Chopped roasted red peppers (you can get this in the pasta section of your grocery store, or roast your own at home)
Asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
Cherry tomatoes, halved
Pesto (homemade or store bought)
How to prepare:
Heat the olive oil- over medium heat in a skillet.
Add in- the chicken and chopped red peppers.
Remove the chicken and peppers from skillet- once cooked through, leaving oil inside.
Add asparagus- into skillet and allow to cook for about 6-8 minutes,
Add in the tomatoes- as well as the cooked chicken/red peppers.
Pour pesto on top of mixture- and toss to coat evenly.
Season with salt as desired- and serve!!
If you love simple, flavorful, homecooked meals that are healthy and family approved, look no further! This One Skillet Pesto Chicken and Veggies dish is just what you need to try! Print the recipe below and add it to your next meal plan!
One Skillet Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast *boneless/skinless, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers *chopped
- 1 lb asparagus *trimmed/cut in half
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes *halved
- 1/2 cup Pesto
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken and chopped red peppers.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove the chicken and peppers from skillet, leaving oil inside.
- Add asparagus into skillet and allow to cook for about 6-8 minutes,
- Add in the tomatoes as well as chicken/red peppers.
- Pour pesto on top of mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Season with salt as desired and serve!!
Recipe updated: 10/28/21