I don’t know about you, but a one skillet dinner (also known as one pan meals) are winners with me. Easy prep, cooking, and most importantly, clean up! Now, I am one lucky gal because my hubby does the dishes each night, but anytime I can make that process easier, I will!!
Since my kiddos love Pesto, I decided to throw everything in one skillet, add some in, and hope for the best. The end result? A success!! My kids shoved their mouths full of chicken, asparagus, and my boys even ate the tomatoes!! My daughter refused, but she’s the picky one, haha!!
If you are short on time, or just don’t want to put a lot of effort into dinner….try this dish! Its healthy, inexpensive, and really flavorful!!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless/skinless, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers (you can get this in the pasta section of your grocery store, or roast your own at home)
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Pesto (or store bought)
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken and chopped red peppers.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove the chicken and peppers from skillet, leaving oil inside.
- Add asparagus into skillet and allow to cook for about 6-8 minutes,
- Add in the tomatoes as well as chicken/red peppers.
- Pour pesto on top of mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Season with salt as desired and serve!!
Recipe adapted from: Julia’s Album