An easy to prep, slow cooker recipe that is packed with flavor. Fire roasted tomatoes, chicken, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning, and more all combined into a yummy taco dish that is sure to please all!
One of my favorite kitchen appliances is my slow cooker. I try to use it at least once a week, however, now it is in competition with the Instant Pot, but for now, still holds number one.
Last week, I was pressed for time due to volunteer commitments at my kiddos school, errands that I had chosen to procrastinate the day before, as well as the normal day to day responsibilities. Since I didn’t want to have to focus on dinner prep, I tossed the ingredients into my slow cooker on my way out the door and several hours later, I returned to dinner ready to go! I made these into tacos, but you could also serve the chicken by itself, in quesadillas, burritos, etc.
The tomatoes, seasonings, and chicken all compliment each other perfectly! Choose desired toppings to make it more unique! I added cilantro, salsa, and cheese on top, but avocado, diced tomato, guacamole, etc would also be a wonderful addition!
Next Taco Tuesday, or any day for that matter, be sure to add these tacos to the meal plan!
Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Tacos
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or 3 tablespoon homemade, recipe below)
- 1 packet dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 14.5 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- 12 crunchy taco shells
- Toppings of choice: cilantro, sour cream, salsa, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, guacamole, etc.
- Place chicken, taco seasoning, Ranch seasoning, and fire roasted tomatoes into slow cooker.
- Place lid on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Spoon meat mixture into taco shells and add desired toppings before serving!
Homemade Taco Seasoning: https://thecookinchicks.com/2012/07/taco-seasoning/