Slow Cooker Taco Ranch Chili includes chicken, Rotel, beans, and more! Add your favorite toppings and let your slow cooker do all the work!
Wednesdays in my house are typically crazy busy. From the time the kids get home from school, we race around getting homework completed, bags packed back up for the next day, my daughters dance class, and any other chores that were missed from the day.
Needless to say, dinner prep typically gets skipped and I opt for meals either “on the go” or quick/easy.
When I first had kids and they were still in the newborn/toddler stage, I would picture life being so much easier once they were older. Fast forward to the kids now being older and I find myself reflecting how simple life was when they were small. Now, I need to drive three kids to three different places and it always seems to be at the exact same time. Time is one of those things we never seem to have enough of, haha!
I came across a version of this recipe on Pinterest the other day and knew I had to try it. It looked incredibly simple, quick, and just the thing to make on a busy night!
I changed it up a bit to use ingredients I already had on hand! We added fresh avocado chunks to ours and let me tell you, if you love avocado, that is a must try addition!
Ingredients needed for this Slow Cooker Taco Ranch Chili:
Great Northern Beans
Taco Seasoning (see homemade recipe below)
Toppings of choice (avocado, cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, tomatoes, and more)
How to make this:
Place ingredients into your slow cooker- the Great Northern Beans, Rotel, Taco Seasoning, Ranch mix, and Chicken.
Place lid on slow cooker- cook on high for 4 hours or low for about 8 hours.
Shred chicken- using two forks, shred chicken and stir to reincorporate.
Serve chili in bowls- add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Wondering what to serve with this? Check out these options:
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you try it!
Savory and hearty, only 5 ingredients are needed for this incredible Slow Cooker Taco Ranch Chili! Print the recipe below and add it to your next meal plan!
Slow Cooker Taco Ranch Chili
- 48 oz. Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz. Rotel
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning or 3 tablespoon homemade seasoning (see recipe link below)
- 1 packet Dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts, thawed
- Topings: Sour Cream, Tortilla Chips, Avocado, Cheese
- Slow Cooker: Place beans, Rotel, taco seasoning, dry ranch dressing mix, and chicken into bottom of slow cooker. Place lid on top and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Take lid off slow cooker and shred chicken. Serve soup in bowls with desired toppings.
- Instant Pot: Place beans, Rotel, taco seasoning, dry ranch dressing mix, and chicken into Instant Pot. Place lid securely on and close. Move valve on top to "sealed". Set to manual, high pressure, for 15 minutes. Once done, do a quick release. Remove lid and shred chicken. Serve in bowls with desired toppings.
Homemade Taco Seasoning: https://thecookinchicks.com/taco-seasoning/
Recipe updated 10/21/21