A flavorful chili that comes together in no time using your slow cooker or Instant Pot. This chili is packed with chicken and beans and can be dressed up with your favorite toppings. Leftovers are even better, which is always a plus!
Wednesdays in my house are typically crazy busy. From the time the kids get home from school, we race around getting homework completed, bags packed back up for the next day, my daughters dance class, and any other chores that were missed from the day. Needless to say, dinner prep typically gets skipped and I opt for meals either “on the go” or quick/easy.
I came across a version of this recipe on Pinterest the other day and knew I had to try it. It looked incredibly simple, quick, and just the thing to make on a busy night!
I changed it up a bit to use ingredients I already had on hand! We added fresh avocado chunks to ours and let me tell you, if you love avocado, that is a must try addition!
Serve a side salad and perhaps some warm tortillas, you’ll have a hearty meal on the table with little to no effort!
Slow Cooker Taco Ranch Chili
- 48 oz. Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz. Rotel
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning or 3 tbsp homemade seasoning (see recipe link below)
- 1 packet Dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts, thawed
- Topings: Sour Cream, Tortilla Chips, Avocado, Cheese
- Slow Cooker: Place beans, Rotel, taco seasoning, dry ranch dressing mix, and chicken into bottom of slow cooker. Place lid on top and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Take lid off slow cooker and shred chicken. Serve soup in bowls with desired toppings.
- Instant Pot: Place beans, Rotel, taco seasoning, dry ranch dressing mix, and chicken into Instant Pot. Place lid securely on and close. Move valve on top to "sealed". Set to manual, high pressure, for 15 minutes. Once done, do a quick release. Remove lid and shred chicken. Serve in bowls with desired toppings.
Homemade Taco Seasoning: https://thecookinchicks.com/2012/07/taco-seasoning/
Soup Bowls (as seen in pictures): http://amzn.to/2ibNQEj
Instant Pot: http://amzn.to/2yA6g7M