One of my favorite meals my mom made growing up was this pot roast. The roast was tender, packed with flavor, and the gravy it made was great on the side dishes. Each and every birthday, I would request this for my dinner.
When I got married and asked my mom for the recipe, I was shocked at the fact there were only 3 ingredients involved! Not only is this incredibly flavorful, but it is also simple and quick to throw together? Sign me up!!
This meal is now a favorite with my family and when I toss in some potatoes and carrots, its an all in one type dinner with little to no clean up!! What more could I ask for?!
- 1 beef roast (3 lb. Round eye is what I use)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
- 1/2 can water (from mushroom soup)
- Carrots/Potatoes (optional)
- Place roast on bottom of slow cooker and add in the mushroom soup, Lipton soup mix, and water.
- Place lid on and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.
- During last 2-3 hours of cooking, add in the potatoes and carrots and move temperature to high.
- Once beef is cooked, shred and serve with a scoop of gravy that is on bottom of slow cooker.