Since my “Melt in your Mouth Chicken” has been such a hit with everyone, I decided to change it up just a bit and make it more into a casserole. Not too many changes to the original dish, mainly just the fact that instead of using whole chicken breasts, it is diced chicken, making it easier to serve over something! I served this over spaghetti noodles last week and the entire family was ranting and raving over how yummy this was.
The cooking time was less due to the chicken being cut up, the flavor was amazing, and the chicken was incredibly moist. The leftovers the next day were just as good, making this a meal I will definitely make again!!
If you want to make this a bit more healthy, you can use plain Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise. It works, but it doesn’t have as rich and creamy of a flavor! And yes, after several people telling me this isn’t really a “casserole”, I agree, however, since its cooked in a casserole pan….I ran with it, haha!
Serve over rice, pasta, in a lettuce wrap, or as is! Even perhaps cauliflower rice, zoodles, etc. for healthy options!
Be sure to let me know what you think of this Parmesan Chicken Casserole and while you’re here, scroll below to sign up for my newsletter!
Parmesan Chicken Casserole
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, 3/4 cup Parmesan, seasoning salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Place diced chicken into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top of mayonnaise mixture.
- Place baking pan in preheated oven, 375 degrees, and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve over pasta, rice, or by itself.
Be sure to also follow me on Pinterest for more tasty recipes!!