These Chicken Lettuce Wraps are healthy, simple to make, and taste just like the classic signature recipe from PF Chang’s. Low carb and packed with flavor, these make a great dinner or appetizer option!
A few weeks ago, my moms neighbor had her over for dinner. Her neighbor had made Chicken Fried Rice and these tasty Chicken Lettuce Wraps. My mom text me the pictures of the rice telling me how much she enjoyed it, but unfortunately never took pictures of the wraps.
Since she enjoyed them so much, she decided to make them for my dad and her and send me the pictures of those! The fried rice recipe was a huge hit with you all, so I know these will be too!
Flavorful chicken in a lettuce wrap enjoyed as an appetizer or main dish option!
Have y’all ever tried these wraps at PF Changs? Well, my hubby and I have and love them! Years ago, we had date night and chose to go to PF Changs for the first time. Our waiter suggested these wraps to us as an appetizer since we asked for his opinion on what to order.
One bite in, we knew we made a good choice. The chicken was packed with flavor and the lettuce kept these “light” tasting and added a slight crunch that was delicious!
The good thing about these lettuce wraps is they can be enjoyed as an appetizer or meal option! If you’re having guests over, this a great option to put out because everyone can scoop their own and add lots meat, or keep it minimal based on preference!
My mom ended up having leftovers from the dinner she made, so the next day, she packed a container and dropped it off for my hubby and I to try.
We had it for our dinner and thoroughly enjoyed it! Tasted just like the ones we had at the restaurant years ago and will definitely be added to our meal rotation! To give ours an added kick, we splashed a bit of hot sauce on top prior to eating these. We love a little heat, so it was a great addition! If you’re not a fan of heat, feel free to skip that part!
Wondering what to serve with these? How about one of these great options:
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you give these a try!
Why go out when you can make the same great food at home? PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a family favorite! Print the recipe below to give it a try!
PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated preferred
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce, optional
- 8 oz whole water chestnuts, drained/diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 head lettuce
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Be sure to crumble the meat as it cooks and drain fat afterwards.
- Add in the garlic, diced onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and Sriracha (if using). Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the chestnuts and green onions until tender and season with desired amount of salt/pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve. *Spoon desired amount into the center of a lettuce leaf.