Do you love the Mexican Pizzas from Taco Bell? Now you can make your own at home with this Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza recipe!!
Have you heard the news? Taco Bell had officially removed their Mexican Pizzas from the menu but decided to bring them back May 19. Now, maybe you aren’t a Taco Bell fan and yes, I know it’s not the best quality food…. but it sure is a tasty occasional treat!
An easy recipe for a Taco Bell Mexican Pizza that you can make from the comfort of home!
When my hubby and I heard the news that Taco Bell was to remove their pizzas, we decided to set out and try our own copycat version at home.
After a few tweaks and changes along the way, this copycat version came about and surprisingly tastes really good!
Why you’ll love this recipe
It’s easy! Seriously, so easy and so versatile! Add you own desired toppings, have fun with it!
Packed with flavor! Since you can control a lot of ingredients, you can make it mild or spicy, loaded with toppings, or simple and delicious!
Quick and easy! This recipe from start to finish can be made in under 20 minutes! Impressive, right?!
You can actually buy Taco Bell hot sauce at your grocery store, so that was a fun addition to our Mexican Pizza!
Crispy tortilla shells, seasoned beef, refried beans, cheese, and more combined into one tasty dish!
Serve for a quick lunch, dinner, or even snack option!
My daughter loved these so much, she asked to bring the leftovers for her lunch at school the next day! Impressive, right?!
We chose to add sliced green onions and diced tomatoes on ours, but you can omit or add any desired toppings! Have fun with it and make it your own. Maybe instead of refried beans, you want to try black beans? Or add on some avocado? The possibilities are endless!
Ingredients needed for this Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Taco Seasoning- I use homemade, however, store bought works great too
Tortillas- I prefer crisping up flour tortillas, use corn if desired *even tostada shells work great
Red Enchilada Sauce
Mexican Cheese- shredded
Toppings of choice: tomatoes, green onions, hot sauce, etc.
*See recipe card below for exact amounts
How to prepare:
Next time you’re in the mood for a Mexican Pizza, don’t fret that you need to head to Taco Bell!
This Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza is just as tasty and can be made in the convenience of your own home!
Sliced Green Onions
Want to make these Vegetarian?? Simply omit the beef and you’re set!!
Check out these other great Tex-Mex recipes:
If you love Mexican food and indulging in a tasty slice of pizza, then you are in the right place. These Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizzas are the best of both worlds!
Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- 16 oz refried beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning *see recipe above for homemade version
- 12 flour tortillas
- 10 oz red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
- Green Onions/ Tomatoes/ Hot Sauce *optional for toppings
- In a microwave safe dish, add the refried beans and heat until warm. About 45 seconds.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and add in the taco seasoning.
- Stir to coat meat entirely. Set aside.
- Toast tortillas by spraying a little cooking spray on a skillet and adding a tortilla on top.
- Allow to cook for about 30-45 seconds on each, until slightly golden brown and toasted.
- Continue process until both sides of each tortilla are crisp.
- Place 6 toasted tortillas on a cookie sheet (you may need 2 cookie sheets to fit all).
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoon of refried beans onto the tortillas.
- Divide the cooked beef evenly between the 5 tortillas.
- Place another tortilla on top of the meat, creating a sandwich.
- Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce evenly on top of each tortilla, followed by shredded cheese.
- Place cookie sheet in preheated oven (350 degrees) and cook for about 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle desired toppings on. Enjoy!