If you love tacos, this Taco Tater Tot Bake is a must try! Packed with flavor, kid friendly, and perfect for those busy nights!
I have always been SO intrigued with tater tot casseroles. I came across a variation of this one and loved the fact that it was “taco like”. The only part of this that I hesitated with, was the tater tots.
I wasn’t sure how they would add to the flavor, and if they would get soggy, etc. The tater tots actually ended up being the one thing that made it amazing!!
My son ate two plates and asked for it again the next night. It made so much, that we had leftovers two nights in a row haha!!! It was quick and simple, and fed an army….well….not quite, but it could I guess LOL!
If you’re a fan of casseroles and tacos, why not combine the two flavors and try this Taco Tater Tot Bake, right?!
Also check out my other taco recipes HERE!
Taco Tater Tot Bake
- 1 lb ground beef *or turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pkg taco seasoning *also see homemade recipe below
- 16 oz corn, frozen bag
- 4 oz green chiles, diced
- 12 oz black beans, drained
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
- 16 oz frozen tater tots
- 10.5 oz red enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish. Heat a skillet to medium high heat.
- Add in ground beef/turkey, onion, and garlic. Cook until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain fat.
- Add in taco seasoning, frozen corn, green chiles, and beans.
- Cook until heated through.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat mixture, 1 cup cheese and tater tots. Mix until combined.
- Pour about 1/3 of the enchilada sauce on bottom on 9×13 baking dish.
- Add in tater tot meat mixture and smooth to flat.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- During the last few minutes, sprinkle remaining cheese on top of dish and cook until melted.
- Serve warm! *If you are a fan of black olives, you can add 1 small can to the mixture to change it up a bit.
Homemade Taco Seasoning: https://thecookinchicks.com/taco-seasoning/