Chick-fil-A Chicken Tortilla Soup is a copycat recipe you don’t want to pass up. Now, you can enjoy a bowl of the restaurant’s famous soup right at home!
Do you love a good soup? Well, if so, you have come to the perfect recipe because this copycat soup is a close duplicate to the restaurant favorite! Hearty, flavorful, and packed with lots of tastiness in every bite!
Years ago, my hubby and I ran to Chick Fil A for lunch. I had planned on getting some fries with my sandwich, but because it was a cold and dreary day, I decided to change things up and try their Chicken Tortilla Soup.
When it came out, I quickly gave it a try and immediately fell in love. In fact, I wanted another bowl versus moving on to the sandwich. It was THAT good!
Creamy chicken tortilla soup recipe with two kinds of beans, corn, and a burst of heat from green chiles. Add your favorite toppings and make it your own!
It quickly became my go to side dish anytime we went there for lunch!
Fast forward a few years and when my hubby and I went there for lunch, I heard the five words I didn’t want to hear, “we are out of the soup”. What?!?! Oh no! I moved on with my order but made the decision to try my hand at an at home version so I would never have to go without when that craving hit!
After only a few test batches, this version came about and was pretty darn close if I do say so myself. Creamy, flavor packed soup with shredded chicken, tomatoes, beans, corn, and more! The best part is loading this up with favorite toppings! Sometimes I go crazy with toppings, other times I keep it simple!
Ingredients for this Copycat Chick Fil A Chicken Tortilla Soup:
Great Northern Beans
Toppings of choice
Check out these other great copycat recipes:
Topping Ideas for this Tortilla Soup:
Chick Fil A Chicken Tortilla Soup is the perfect easy weeknight dinner. Full of shredded chicken, corn, beans, and homemade tortilla strips, this soup is a meal in itself.
Chick Fil A Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion *chopped
- 4 garlic cloves *minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cans Great Northern beans *15 oz cans
- 20 oz Rotel * 2 cans
- 15 oz cream style corn
- 15 oz corn with peppers *canned, if you can't find, use normal corn
- 15 oz black beans
- 1 lb chicken *cooked/shredded
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- toppings of choice
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and onion. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Stir in the Cumin, Oregano, and salt.
- Add 2 cans of northern beans to the pot and using an immersion blender, puree the beans. *You can also use a blender, but I prefer immersion blender to keep them a bit chunky still.
- Add in the Rotel, creamed corn, whole kernel corn, and chicken.
- Mix in the remaining northern beans and black beans, stirring to fully incorporate.
- Let soup simmer about 15 minutes and add in the lime juice as well as increase any seasonings to taste.
- Serve in bowls with desired toppings!