This Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice is a quick and flavorful dinner recipe that can be ready to serve in no time! Skip ordering out and add this to your next meal plan!
Do you love fried rice? Me too!! In fact, it is by far, my most favorite dish to order from any and every Chinese restaurant my family goes to!
Over the years, I have loved to make my tried and true Chicken Fried Rice. It is the skillet version, so if you don’t have an Instant Pot, check that recipe out HERE!
Now that I have a slight (okay, major) obsession for my Instant Pot, I knew I’d be able to make Chicken Fried Rice even faster in it!
After a few trial and errors along the way, this recipe was finally a success! In fact, it went perfectly with my Baked Egg Rolls.
All three of my kids ate it up happily as well, although if you ask my daughter, she would probably say she disliked it until she picked all the peas out, haha!
If you want to try a one pot, quick and simple Chicken Fried Rice recipe, this is it! Packed with flavor, chicken, rice, and veggies…you can serve it as is or add egg rolls, salad, or fruit as a side dish!
If you want to change it up, use ham or pork in place of the chicken! The possibilities are endless and you can make it how you please!
If you try my Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice, keep me posted and let me know what you think!
Also, come connect with me on Instagram! I have a few giveaways coming up that you don’t want to miss. Click HERE!
Recipe adapted from: The Recipe Well
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (diced)
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups peas and carrots, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice *rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- green onions (optional)
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and heat the vegetable oil.
- Add in the eggs and push them around to scramble and fully cook.
- Remove eggs from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Turn off saute function and pour in the chicken broth.
- Use a spatulato fully remove any cooked on egg from the pot. *be sure to remove it all to avoid burn notice
- Add in the garlic, diced chicken, peas/carrots, and rice.
- Ensure the rice is as submerged in the broth and you can get it, but do not stir.
- Place lid on top securely and move valve to sealed position.
- Cook on manual, high pressure for 3 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Move valve to release any additional pressure.
- Once pin drops, remove lid and stir.
- Add in the soy sauce and eggs.
- Stir and garnish with green onion if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!