Last week, my mom called and told me that her friend had brought her some fresh picked blueberries. YUM! She went ahead and made this recipe to use some of them up. It was delicious and having fresh blueberries in it, of course, made it even more yummy!! It was definitely a delicious breakfast treat!!! Thanks mom : )
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat 3/4 cup sugar and shortening til light and fluffy. Add egg, beat well.
- Stir together 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately to beaten mixture. Beat until smooth after each addition.
- Spread in a greased 8×8 inch baking pan. Top with blueberries.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and cinnamon; cut in butter or margarine until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberries.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve warm!