Soft, tender, and sweet….these muffins are bite sized making them hard to resist!
One of my favorite breakfast treats are muffins! I especially love mini muffins because they are easy to bring on the go, don’t leave you feeling too full, and makes plenty to share!
About a month ago, my daughter and my neighbors daughter approached me asking to bake something. Of course I couldn’t say no, so we went through the pantry and decided to make something using chocolate chips (my kind of girls, hehe). Since it was still somewhat early in the day, I suggested mini muffins and both girls jumped on board!
They both put their aprons on, gathered the ingredients, and I simply was there to oversee things and put the pan in the oven.
The girls took turns adding the ingredients, stirring, scooping the batter into the muffin tins, etc. They made these entirely on their own and the muffins turned out great!
The muffins were a big hit with everyone! Incredibly soft, packed with chocolate chips, moist, and quick to whip up….I call these a success and must try!
Perfect for breakfasts, snacks, gatherings, or freezing for a later date!
Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used semi sweet, but any work)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a mini muffin pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, egg, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full.
- Place muffin pan into oven and bake for about 9 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from pan and enjoying!
Tools used in recipe:
Be sure to follow my blog on Pinterest to see all the yummy recipes! Click HERE!!