These Snickerdoodle Apple Muffins consist of a moist, flavorful muffin with chunks of tender apple throughout! Combined with a cinnamon sugar coating, these muffins are a Fall favorite!
Houston has FINALLY started having Fall weather! Yes, it is October 25 and I am just now saying that. Truth be told, I wore shorts and a t-shirt yesterday, but because I was slightly chilly come the evening, I look at that as Fall weather, haha!
So far this Fall season, I have made Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Bread, Baked Apple Cider Donuts, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins, and now these tasty Snickerdoodle Apple Muffins. My family loves enjoying Fall treats for snacks, breakfasts, or even evening sweet treats!
Last weekend, the kids woke up and immediately requested a “dad breakfast”. My hubby is the breakfast guy in our house because its his favorite meal of the day. He rummaged through the refrigerator and pantry and decided to make these apple muffins.
My oldest son is OBSESSED with anything cinnamon sugar, so when he heard snickerdoodle….he was stoked! Believe it or not, he would rather have cinnamon/sugar over chocolate. Crazy, I agree!
My hubby whipped these up in no time and let me tell you, I am not a huge breakfast fan, but these were too tasty to stop at just one. I thoroughly enjoyed two muffins and had to stop myself from having more. The whole family devoured them, but we did think ahead and saved a few to enjoy the next morning as well!
If you’re looking for a delicious Fall treat, look no further! Whether enjoyed for breakfast, a snack, a sweet treat, or to give to friends/family…..everyone will enjoy! These also freeze perfectly, so if you want to make a double batch, you can!
*To core the apples, we used this easy to use, handy apple corer. Stainless Steel Twin Blades with sharp, serrated tips designed to smoothly core through any apple, pears, bell peppers, cupcakes and more. Dishwasher safe, easy to use, and durable. Check it out HERE as its a huge time saver in the kitchen! Makes a great gift too, or perhaps stocking stuffer??
Snickerdoodle Apple Muffins
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 apple (I used Granny smith), cored/peeled/diced
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tray with paper or silicone liners (or cooking spray).
- Combine the oil and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Add in the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the diced apple.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the apple mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly amongst the prepared muffin tray(s), filling about 2/3 full.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake 16-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon together to create the topping.
- Brush the melted butter evenly on top of the muffins and dip into the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!