On Easter morning, I decided to make a yummy breakfast before church. Since I really am not a huge breakfast fan, I always have a hard time coming up with ideas. After searching through my pantry and fridge, I pulled out the two containers of cinnamon rolls we had and decided to use those up. Last week, there had been a huge sale on fruit at my local grocery store and I had bought a big bag of apples. Since we still had a few to use up, I grabbed one and decided to make this monkey bread. My kids are huge apple fans, so they LOVED this. My hubby and I loved the cinnamon sugar flavor, and the way the apples caramelized in the bread. I had this ready for the oven in less than ten minutes, and the entire family enjoyed it! Definitely a breakfast success!!
- 2 cans (17.5 oz) cinnamon rolls w/ icing
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Grease a bundt pan and preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- Remove 1/4 cup of cinnamon sugar mixture and add it to a different medium bowl.
- Add the chopped apples to one of the bowls and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls into quarters.
- Roll each cinnamon roll dough piece through bowl of cinnamon/sugar.
- Place half the coated apples into the greased bundt pan.
- Add half the cinnamon rolls on top of the apples.
- Repeat layers one more time ending with the remaining cinnamon roll dough.
- Pour melted butter over top and place pan in oven.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip pan carefully onto a plate or tray.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before drizzling with icing from cinnamon roll packages.