These Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are moist, perfectly spiced, and have a cream cheese filling that is Heavenly!
Have you tried the Starbuck’s version of this muffin?? If not, no need to because this is the homemade version and may even be a little tastier, hehe!
For the past few years, I heard several people talking about how amazing Starbuck’s pumpkin muffins were. Well, each time I went, I left with a pumpkin spice latte, but somehow forgot to try the muffin.
I was scrolling through my Instagram stories about a month ago and randomly saw someone announce they were back and were a must try. It was breakfast at the time, so I figured, why not. My hubby and I hopped in the car, drove up the road to our local Starbuck’s, and of course….ordered a coffee and muffin. Pricey, but with all the hype…I was crossing my fingers for a hit.
We came home, took a bite of our muffins, and immediately looked at each other wide eyed. Oh my goodness, TASTY as can be! Perfectly moist, just the right amount of pumpkin and spice, and an amazing cream cheese filling. Even toasted oats on top! I knew right then and there it was a new Fall favorite of mine and I must keep them on hand.
Given the fact that ordering 2 coffees and 2 muffins came to about $16 (give or take a bit), my hubby and I set out to make an at home version of the muffin so it was a bit easier on the budget.
My hubby was actually the one to whip these up and not only did he come up with a hit, but these may even be BETTER than the Starbuck’s version. They taste even more fresh!
Skip the overpriced muffins and try these. I promise you’ll be glad you did! Nothing screams Fall more than pumpkin, therefore these are perfect!
Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup butter, melted/cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tray with liners or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, melted butter, vanilla extract, and egg.
- Combine the wet mixture with the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fill muffin liners with batter about 3/4 full.
- To make cream cheese filling: Place all ingredients into a bowl and combine.
- Using a piping bag or Ziploc bag with corner tip cut off, add a dollop of cream cheese mixture to the muffin cups. *It will sink slightly into batter.
- Place muffin tray into preheated oven to bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 2-3 minutes before removing from tray.