Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Muffins bring all the Fall flavors to life with this simple, yet flavorful anytime treat!
It is currently September and 90+ degrees here in Houston, but in my mind…its pumpkin EVERYTHING season! Bring on the soups, casseroles, pumpkin, and sweaters! Okay, maybe not the sweaters quite yet!
Last weekend, both my hubby and I were agreed that we were in the mood to make muffins. Since I am currently obsessed with pumpkin, of course I suggested pumpkin muffins. However, my hubby is a HUGE streusel fan and decided to take my idea, put a twist on it, and these Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Muffins came to life!
Flavorful, pumpkin spiced muffins with an incredible cinnamon streusel topping!
The muffin itself was perfectly moist, fluffy, and had just the right amount of pumpkin spice flavoring throughout.
The streusel really enhanced the flavor by adding a spiced sweetness that really took these muffins to the next level!
We were able to make about 16 muffins per batch, so these were definitely enjoyed throughout the weekend!
As these muffins were baking, my house smelled incredible. Pumpkin spice scent throughout the house, decor on the tables and front porch…I would officially call it Fall in my book!
Do you put out Fall decor? I don’t go too crazy, but I will admit that my wreaths, flower arrangements, and pumpkin decor have officially made an appearance throughout my house. My favorite is putting some pumpkins, scarecrows, and a wreath on my front porch to really “cozy” up my house!
If you’re having some friends over for coffee, need a quick breakfast option, want to gift a treat to a neighbor/teacher…these Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Muffins are just the thing to bake! These also freeze perfectly, so you can pull some out as needed and save the rest for later!
If you love pumpkin, don’t pass these Fall family favorites up:
Want to know a fun, new piece of trivia? Muffins actually originated in the 10th century from the Welsh. Crazy, right?! Imagine all the muffins variations since then! Although I may be bias, I think these muffins may go down in the top 5 flavors! Try them out, I think you’ll agree!
Don’t pass these Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Muffins by without giving them a try! Print the recipe below!
Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour *all purpose
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 5 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour *all purpose
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350* F and line a muffin tray with paper or silicone liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and brown sugar using a pastry blender.
- Add in the flour and cinnmon, blending until small crumbs are formed. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger.
- Once combined, add in the applesauce, eggs, and pumpkin stirring until just combined.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about 2/3 full and evenly divide stresuel on top of muffin batter.
- Place muffin tray into preheated oven and bake for about 16 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of muffin.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before enjoying!