This quick and easy 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread comes together in no time and is packed with Fall flavor! Ready for the oven in under 5 minutes, this recipe is fool proof and family approved! If you’re a pumpkin lover, this is the recipe for you!
With the weather getting cooler and Fall upon us, this recipe fits right into the “pumpkin everything” category. Break out your sweater, warm up by the fire, and enjoy a slice of this pumpkin bread with a cup of coffee or tea!
Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
If you have never made bread out of a cake mix, this might be a game changer! Not only is it incredibly simple, but the bread turns out perfectly moist each and every time! Whether you choose to make this bread into muffins instead, or omit the chocolate chips, there are so many ways to make this recipe and all will be just as delicious as the next!
Since we are officially in pumpkin season and I have been baking all the pumpkin goodies from Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins, to Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Cake; this 3 ingredient chocolate chip pumpkin bread is the perfect addition to my recipe collection!
Ingredients Needed for 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
For exact ingredient amounts and step by step directions, see printable recipe card below!
- Spice Cake Mix– I use Duncan Hines personally because it creates incredibly moist, perfectly spiced results each and every time. Any brand will work though!
- Pumpkin– a 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree is all you’ll need. I love using Libby’s brand, but store brand works too. Needs to be pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Chocolate Chips– this is optional, but highly recommended. I use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but any type works great. Cinnamon chips are a great substitute if you can find them.
- Chopped Nuts- about 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts are a great addition to the batter.
- Raisins- up to 1 cup raisins.
- Mashed Banana- banana can be used in place of the canned pumpkin if allergic or desired.
- Pumpkin Seeds- sprinkle on top of bread for an added crunch.
- Spices- to enhance the Fall flavor, you can add 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice, Nutmeg, Ginger, Cinnamon, and/or cloves. Adjust to taste.
How to make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread with 3 Ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan with cooking spray. You can also make these into mini loaves or muffins.
- In a large bowl, combine the box of spice cake mix and canned pumpkin.
- Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips saving a few for the top.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and sprinkle a few additional chocolate chips on top.
- Place pan into preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean once inserted in center of bread.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool slightly on a wire rack before slicing.
Storage tips for Easy Pumpkin Bread with Cake Mix
- Allow to fully cool before storing.
- Place the cake mix pumpkin bread in an airtight container or bag at room temperature up to 3 days.
- If storing in the refrigerator, the bread will last about 5 days.
- To freeze, place bread in a freezer safe container or bag up to 3 months.
- Reheat bread in the microwave until desired temperature is reached.
Why is my pumpkin bread not baking?
Adding too much pumpkin can cause the middle not to cook evenly. Be sure to only add 1 can to this recipe and make sure it is a 15 ounce can.
Can you substitute banana for pumpkin puree?
Absolutely! In fact, in most recipes, mashed banana is the perfect alternative to pumpkin puree.
How long does this 3 ingredient pumpkin bread stay fresh?
Depending on how you store it, this bread is fresh for 3 days at room temperature, 5 days if stored in the refrigerator, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Can I freeze this easy pumpkin chocolate chip bread?
Absolutely! Double the batch and make two loaves to freeze one for later. If stored in a freezer safe container or bag, the bread will be good for about 3 months. Thaw before serving.
More Pumpkin Recipes to try
Libby’s Pumpkin Bread– all the delicious flavors of fall that you love. This quick bread is moist and delicious with lots of pumpkin, nutmeg and more.
Copycat Starbuck’s Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins– light, fluffy textured muffins that are even better than the original.
Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread– made using refrigerated cinnamon rolls, sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and butter! Ready for the oven in under 10 minutes, this classic Fall recipe takes original Monkey Bread to the next level!
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting– super soft and moist and when spread with a thick layer of tangy cream cheese frosting, they’re positively irresistible.
Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes– quick to whip up and you can serve them with any topping you like.
Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies– loaded with chocolate chips, these soft baked cookies are a Fall favorite!
This delectable 3-ingredient pumpkin chocolate chip bread is a must-try treat for anyone seeking a quick, delicious, and effortlessly satisfying dessert or snack option. With its irresistible blend of pumpkin goodness and rich chocolate chips, it’s a crowd-pleaser that can be whipped up in no time. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out in the kitchen, this recipe is a winner. So, go ahead and indulge in this delightful creation, and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Happy baking!
Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a large loaf pan, muffin tray, or 4 mini loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix and pumpkin. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips leaving a few for the top.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top.
- Place pan into oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean once inserted into center of bread.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing!