Cinnamon, pumpkin, and maple syrup all combined into one amazing cake! What more could you want, right??
Last weekend, my hubby whipped this up for us and it was a hit! It was the perfect Fall treat and we really enjoyed it! The cake was moist, fluffy, packed with flavor, and the topping was the perfect amount of sweetness!
We enjoyed this as a breakfast treat, but it would also be great for having company over, evening dessert, etc.
With Fall here, definitely try this cake! You’ll be glad you did!!
Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Cake
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 tbsp flour
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, pumpkin, and eggs using an electric mixer.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg.
- Once all is just combined, pour into prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the topping by combining the flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter using your hands or two forks.
- Once crumbly, sprinkle over batter evenly.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- To prepare glaze, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Drizzle glaze on top of cake and serve!! Enjoy!