This Apple Bread is moist, flavorful, and makes a tasty breakfast or snack option! Enjoy now or freeze for later!
A few days ago, I pulled down some cookbooks from my cabinet and decided to browse through them. Cookbooks to me are one of those things I LOVE to buy and have on hand, but at the end of the day, I end up on Pinterest or simply experimenting in the kitchen.
Of course, I didn’t have any zucchini on hand, but when the idea looks good, I try to run with it and change it up according to what I do have on hand!
Zucchini bread turned into me making apple bread, adapting the spices and quantities along the way!
One thing I will point out, the batter will be thick. Thick as in…. I didn’t have high hopes for this recipe because the batter was thick and I didn’t know how well that would bake.
After a few short minutes of preparing this, it was ready for the oven! Not only did the house smell incredible as it baked, but the end result was fabulous and the entire family enjoyed it!
We served it for breakfast the next morning warmed up in the microwave, with a bit of butter on top! Perfect way to start the day, right?!
If you love a good quick bread, look no further because this Apple Bread is just that!
Come follow me on Instagram HERE!!
- 1 1/2 cups flour *all purpose
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shredded, peeled apple
- 1/4 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a large loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, sugar, apple, and oil.
- Add apple mixture into flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and place pan into preheated oven.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for about 5 minutes before removing and serving!