Oh my goodness this stuff is good!!! You cannot just have one little scoop, it will definitely be one of those things you end up snacking on throughout the day!! I made a batch of this two days ago and my hubby and I have been having yogurt parfaits using some in it each morning! The apples and cinnamon flavor really make this taste extremely flavorful, and the best part of all, its healthy! Most of the ingredients are ones that I typically always have on hand too, so its one of those quick things to whip up during the week! Even my kiddos went crazy over this and request it each morning with their breakfasts! Whether you grab a handful to snack on, stick it in oatmeal, or in yogurt, you’ll love this too!!!
Ingredients: (recipe adapted from: Sally’s Baking Addiction)
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 1/2 cup almonds (I used slivered)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Dash of salt
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, quinoa, almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Fold in the diced apples.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, vanilla, applesauce, honey, and brown sugar.
- Pour wet mixture onto dry mixture and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Spread mixture evenly onto two cookie sheets.
- Place pans in oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Stir every 15 minutes or so to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and allow granola to sit for at least 20 minutes to cool off.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks!!
To make a yogurt parfait, simply add some yogurt to the bottom of a dish, followed with granola, and fresh fruit of your choice. Continue pattern until dish is filled! Enjoy!!