This quick bread comes together in no time and is a cross between cake and an apple fritter. Whether enjoyed for breakfast, a snack, or an evening sweet treat, this will be a new favorite!
Now that apple season is here, I have been buying lots of apples to keep in the house. My kids LOVE eating sliced apples with peanut butter, and I love throwing them in my morning smoothies.
Last week, I bought a huge bag of apples since they were on sale, and by the end of the week, we only had two left. I decided to set those aside and make a yummy, new recipe with them.
Since my hubby loves apple fritters, I wanted to try this bread out. Not only was it packed with flavor, but it literally tasted just like a fritter, only in bread form.
Do you love apples? If so, you’ll love these other apple favorites:
The bread itself has cinnamon swirls throughout! With small bits of apple throughout, the combination is incredible. Add in the sugar glaze on top and it turns this bread into a must try!
Although for years I made large loaves of this, I now have found that mini loaves are my favorite because I can enjoy a loaf, gift one to a neighbor or friend, and still have extras to freeze for another day. You can even make this bread into muffins and have a great end result!
With Fall quickly approaching, this Apple Fritter Bread makes a scrumptious seasonal treat. Perhaps pair it with a cup of coffee, or mug of warm apple cider. Great for those cool weather days, sweater wearing season, if you’re coming in from raking leaves! Here in Houston, we don’t get much of that kind of weather, so I do lots of pretending. I wear a sweater, while sitting in AC, pretending it is actually cold outside, haha!
Apple Fritters in bread form, how can you go wrong? Cinnamon swirled throughout a flavorful apple bread!
If you want to cut down on the sweetness of this bread a bit, feel free to omit the powdered sugar glaze. Although its a scrumptious addition, the bread is great on its own as well! You can even add in some walnuts or raisins if desired!
Cinnamon swirls throughout a flavorful bread with diced apples, what’s not to love?! Print the recipe below to give it a try!
Apple Fritter Bread
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 apples, peeled/chopped
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Once creamy, add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour and baking powder together in a small bowl and add into the creamed butter mixture.
- Add in the milk. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped apples with the 2 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Add half the apple mixture on top.
- Sprinkle half the cinnamon/sugar mixture you set aside earlier on top of the apples.
- Add remaining batter, followed by remaining apples, and rest of sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 55-60 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes before slicing.
- Combine the powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl and drizzle over bread.
- Slice and serve! Enjoy!