This Brown Sugar Quick Bread is quick to prepare and the perfect morning treat! Using only 7 ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand, this comes together in no time!
How have you all been doing during the quarantine? Having the kids home and juggling jobs? My kids went from Spring Break straight into the quarantine, so I am on week 3 with them being home. I assume they won’t be going back this school year, which is okay with me if it keeps us healthy!
Needless to say though, my household has been a bit more chaotic than usual. My hubby is even working from home now too, so between the kids and him, I have lots of activity around. Gone are my days of baking to music in peace, haha!
The upside to that is I have plenty of baking helpers. My kids have LOVED getting in the kitchen and trying new recipes. Of course, there have been some flops, but I call those “creating memories”! For example, last week, my daughter forgot to add eggs to a recipe after thinking she had. Needless to say, it didn’t turn out as expected, but it gave us a good laugh!
Yesterday, I was in the mood to make a breakfast treat, but didn’t have bananas to make my go to “banana bread“. I opted to make this Brown Sugar Quick Bread I had found on Pinterest, only altering it slightly to fit what I had on hand!
I was able to make 3 mini loaves per batch and we loved it! Not overly sweet, so the perfect breakfast treat!
My hubby enjoyed his warm with some butter melted on top! The kids and I kept it simple and cut a few slices and enjoyed as is!
The bread is moist, has a slight sweet flavor from the brown sugar, and was ready for the oven in about 5 minutes!
If you’re looking for a good recipe to make with the kids, or to surprise your family with….this Brown Sugar Quick Bread is just what you need! Enjoy and be sure to let me know how it turns out! Hope you all stay healthy during this time!
Mini Loaf Pans: https://amzn.to/2X58FpV
Large Loaf Pan: https://amzn.to/2UT9f7C
Muffin Trays: https://amzn.to/3dHQE74
Brown Sugar Quick Bread
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 3 mini loaf pans (or 1 large loaf pan/muffin tray)
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour , ground cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Combine the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans, filling about 1/2 way.
- Sprinkle additional brown sugar on top of the pans. *optional but recommended
- Place pans into preheated oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes (mini loaves) *50-60 minutes if large loaf, 25-30 minutes if muffins
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving! Enjoy!