A moist, flavorful and soft quick bread that is quick to prepare and great for breakfast, snack, or as a sweet treat!
This past Monday, my kids had no school due to Martin Luther King Jr Day. I spent the morning cleaning the house while they played, no fair, right? But, that afternoon, my daughter asked if we could bake together. We immediately rummaged through the pantry and came across a bag of peanut butter chips. I was thinking of making a cookie recipe, but when my daughter pulled out the mini loaf pans, we went that direction and make bread!
My daughter ended up making this almost completely on her own, with me only supervising. With only about a cup of flour ending up on my floor, I’d even say it was fairly clean to make, haha!
The batter itself was quite thick, but made enough for three mini loaves. You can also make into muffins or one large loaf if desired though.
If you’re not a fan of peanut butter, you can change this up by using chocolate chips instead. It would make it a double chocolate bread, versus peanut butter!
Once the breads came out of the oven, we immediately cut into it and the end product was fabulous. Moist, flavorful, and just the right amount of peanut butter.
My kids enjoyed this as their afternoon snack, however, my hubby and I had this as an evening sweet treat since it has a cake like resemblance. My hubby added a small scoop of ice-cream to his to create a “sundae”.
If you’re having family, friends, or company over, this would be a great treat to serve! Or, if you don’t need all three loaves immediately, freeze some for later!
Here are the mini loaf pans I use, https://amzn.to/2S92dwo
Also check out my collection of Quick Breads for more ideas and varieties, https://thecookinchicks.com/top-quick-bread-recipes/
Chocolate Peanut Butter Quick Bread
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (or chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 3 mini loaf pans, 1 large pan, or muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chips.
- Evenly pour the batter (yes, it will be thick) into the prepared pans and place into preheated oven.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes if making mini loaves, 50 minutes if large loaf, and about 25 minutes if muffins.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from pan and enjoying!