Everything you love about a cinnamon roll is baked into this tasty quick bread! Topped with cream cheese frosting, this is bound to be a favorite with all!
Last week, my hubby whipped up a batch of his Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Rolls for a friend of mine. We ended up having leftover cream cheese frosting and if you’ve ever tried it, you know you can’t waste that stuff!
Well, I decided to make a cinnamon sugar bread and simply drizzle the frosting on top. As my kids were enjoying their slices, they each called this “cinnamon roll bread”, hence the title of this recipe! The bread is moist, flavorful, and has just the right amount of sugar/cinnamon!
My kids said it was a new favorite of theirs and begged me to make it again the next day!
The best part about this bread is how simple it is! You most likely already have the ingredients needed on hand. You can make the frosting to drizzle, or keep things simple and omit the frosting altogether.
This bread would be tasty paired with coffee and a bit of butter, or by itself as a treat!
My hubby brought a few mini loaves into work the next day and within an hour, the plate was cleared off and everyone said they loved it!
Whether whipping up a batch of my Snickerdoodle Bread or this tasty Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread, you’re sure to want to go back for seconds!
Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 4 mini loaf pans or 1 large loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup sugar.
- Add in the egg, milk, and vegetable oil and stir until just moistened. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon/1/3 cup sugar.
- Divide half the batter into each pan (if using mini), or half the batter into one large pan.
- Sprinkle the half cinnamon/sugar mixture on top followed by remaining batter.
- Top with remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place pan(s) into preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes if using mini loaves, or 45-50 minutes if large pan.
- While bread is baking, combine the butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Once bread is baked (toothpick comes out clean once inserted in center), remove from oven.
- Allow bread to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pans and placing on cooling rack.
- Drizzle desired amount of frosting onto the loaves and serve! *You may want to microwave the frosting for about 30 seconds to get it to drizzle on easier.
Mini loaf pans, https://amzn.to/2OyCRCN