Everything you love about a cinnamon roll is baked into this Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread! Topped with cream cheese frosting, this is a winner!
Last week, my hubby whipped up a batch of his Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Rolls for a friend of mine. We ended up having leftover cream cheese frosting and if you’ve ever tried it, you know you can’t waste that stuff!
Well, I decided to make a cinnamon sugar bread and simply drizzle the frosting on top. As my kids were enjoying their slices, they each called this “cinnamon roll bread”, hence the title of this recipe! The bread is moist, flavorful, and has just the right amount of sugar/cinnamon!
Flavorful bread with cinnamon/sugar throughout and an incredible cream cheese glaze drizzled on top!
My kids even said it was a new favorite of theirs and begged me to make it again the next day!
The best part about this bread is how simple it is! You most likely already have the ingredients needed on hand. You can make the frosting to drizzle, or keep things simple and omit the frosting altogether.
This bread pairs perfectly with coffee and a bit of butter, or by itself as a treat!
My hubby brought a few mini loaves into work the next day and within an hour, the plate was cleared off and everyone said they loved it!
If you have browsed through my blog, you know I love a good bread. Especially a quick bread that doesn’t require yeast! Over the years, I have tried all sorts of flavors from Snickerdoodle, to Banana, Apple Fritter, Blueberry, and more! This Cinnamon Roll Bread is a favorite of mine, especially in the Fall/Winter season!
Check out these other great quick bread options:
Which is your favorite flavor?? Be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below!
Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread is a tasty treat to enjoy any time of the day! Print the recipe below to give it a try for yourself!
Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 4 mini loaf pans or 1 large loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup sugar.
- Add in the egg, milk, and vegetable oil and stir until just moistened. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon/1/3 cup sugar.
- Divide half the batter into each pan (if using mini), or half the batter into one large pan.
- Sprinkle the half cinnamon/sugar mixture on top followed by remaining batter.
- Top with remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place pan(s) into preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes if using mini loaves, or 45-50 minutes if large pan.
- While bread is baking, combine the butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Once bread is baked (toothpick comes out clean once inserted in center), remove from oven.
- Allow bread to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pans and placing on cooling rack.
- Drizzle desired amount of frosting onto the loaves and serve! *You may want to microwave the frosting for about 30 seconds to get it to drizzle on easier.
For 1 large pan, would you suggest a 9 x 5 or 8 x 4 loaf pan?
The 9 x 5 is best, but you could use either!
I don’t think it should be 1 TBSP baking powder No?
Nope, that is correct! I know, its more than most recipes, but it works 🙂
it just says flour, what type of flour works?
All purpose! Enjoy!
What size mini pans did you use?
My mini pans are about 5×3 inches!