Snickerdoodle Bread is a quick bread packed with taste! Pair with a cup of coffee or cold glass of milk, its a tasty treat anytime of the day!
My family loves when I make mini loaves of bread, to slice and enjoy in the mornings. The kids have it as a snack, while my hubby and I have it for our breakfast, with coffee of course!
Since typically myy go to bread is banana, I decided to change things up. I was in the mood for something with a cinnamon sugar base, especially since Fall is quickly approaching, so I made this snickerdoodle bread. This recipe makes about 5 mini loaves of bread, or you can make 2 large loaves.
Cinnamon sugar coating, with small bits of chocolate chips (cinnamon chips if you prefer) makes for an incredible combination!
Not only is this a great morning treat or snack, but it also freezes well, so you can stock up for back to school baking!! My kids loved this and asked me to make it again! I even sent some to work with my hubby and it was a bit hit at the office!!
One of my favorite things to do is make a batch of bread, wrap it in plastic wrap, and gift it to friends/neighbors/teachers. It may be a small gesture, but I promise you it is one that can make someones day. A little surprise to let people know you are thinking of them! Since you can make about 5 mini loaves per batch, I like to double this, keep a few for us, and make my rounds delivering them to people around me. Its always fun making someones day just a little brighter!
Although I haven’t personally made these into muffins, I have heard lots of feedback from others who have and it has worked out perfectly! Whether you’re a bread person or muffin fanatic, this recipe is a family favorite and must try!
One side note, over the years, cinnamon chips have gradually become harder and harder to find. You can order them on Amazon, sometimes find them at the store, but more times then not, it’ll be a tough find. I use mini chocolate chips in mine, but that is not needed. You can omit the chips altogether and still have a flavorful bread. If you want to add in some raisins or walnuts, thats a great option as well! So many options, depending on what you prefer and what you can find!
Love quick breads? Check out these other blog favorites:
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below!
This Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Bread is perfect for any occasion! Print the recipe below to give it a try!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (or cinnamon chips)
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 5 mini loaf pans or 1 large pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, and sour cream.
- Add in the flour and baking powder stirring until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (optional).
- Pour batter (it will be thick) into the prepared loaf pans, filling about 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, combine the 3 tablespoon sugar with 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture evenly on top of batter.
- Place pans in oven and bake 30-35 minutes if mini loaves, or 60-65 minutes if large loaf pans.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from pan and serving!
Recipe updated 9/16/21