My family loves when I make mini loaves of bread, to slice and enjoy in the mornings. The kids have it as a snack, while my hubby and I have it for our breakfast, with coffee of course!
Since typically I make banana bread, blueberry bread, or strawberry banana bread, I decided to change things up this week. I was in the mood for something with a cinnamon sugar base, so I made this snickerdoodle bread. This recipe makes about 5 mini loaves of bread, or you can make 2 large loaves.
Not only is this a great morning treat or snack, but it also freezes well, so you can stock up for back to school baking!! My kids loved this and asked me to make it again! I sent some to work with my hubby and it was a bit hit there too!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (or cinnamon chips)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 5 mini loaf pans or 1 large pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, and sour cream.
- Add in the flour and baking powder stirring until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (optional).
- Pour batter (it will be thick) into the prepared loaf pans, filling about 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, combine the 3 tbsp sugar with 3 tsp ground cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture evenly on top of batter.
- Place pans in oven and bake 30-35 minutes if mini loaves, or 60-65 minutes if large loaf pans.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from pan and serving!
Here are the loaf pans I use and love: https://amzn.to/2M30thL