My family loves to enjoy banana bread in the morning with their breakfast. Yesterday, I looked through my freezer thinking I had a few frozen bananas, but realized I used them up already. I had told my son that he could help me make some bread, but once I realized I had no bananas, I decided to look around for what I did have. I ended up coming across our bag of frozen blueberries. So, our plan to make banana bread got changed to blueberry bread. My son was in charge of adding the ingredients as I handed them to him and let me tell you, what a great helper he was! For four years old, he is definitely a cook/baker in the making. Once this was baked and cooled, we cut ourselves each a piece and decided that it was a new favorite! We ended up having this after dinner for our “dessert” and everyone loved it. My oldest son had two slices and asked for more the next morning with breakfast. Not only is this incredibly simple to make, but there are not very many ingredients, so it is something you may even be able to whip up with what you have at home already!! Enjoy!
Here are the mini loaf pans I use, https://amzn.to/2MirWjA
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs and milk.
- Add in th flour and baking powder.
- Once all is combined, carefully fold in the berries.
- Grease mini loaf pans, muffin pans, or a regular loaf pan.
- Pour batter evenly into greased pan(s), about 2/3 full.
- Place pan(s) in preheated oven, 350 degrees, for about 70 minutes if regular loaf, 35 minutes if mini loaves, or 30 minutes if muffins. *Every oven is different, so keep an eye on it
- Remove from oven once toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of bread.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pans and serving! ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from: Frugal Mom Eh