This flavorful Blueberry Bread is bursting with juicy blueberries and makes a tasty breakfast, snack, or evening treat!
My family loves to enjoy banana bread in the morning with their breakfast. Yesterday, I looked through my freezer thinking I had a few frozen bananas, but realized I used them up already.
I had told my son that he could help me make some bread, but once I realized I had no bananas, I decided to look around for what I did have.
I ended up coming across our bag of frozen blueberries. So, our plan to make banana bread quickly changed to blueberry bread.
With juicy blueberries throughout, this Blueberry Bread is packed with flavor and freezes perfectly!
When my family lived in Seattle, we would all venture out to the local farm to go blueberry picking. It would take no time and we would end up with several pounds of fresh berries. Sometimes we made muffins, other times it was cobbler, but we always used those up!
Now that we live in Houston, blueberry picking isnt as popular and there aren’t as many places to get them, so I tend to stick to my local grocery store. Not as fresh and fun, but still just as tasty!
My son was put in charge of adding the ingredients as I handed them to him and let me tell you, what a great helper he was! For four years old, he is definitely a cook/baker in the making.
Once this was baked and cooled, we cut ourselves each a piece and decided that it was a new favorite! We ended up having this after dinner for our “dessert” and everyone loved it.
My oldest son had two slices and asked for more the next morning with breakfast. We warmed this up slightly in the microwave and spread a bit of butter on it. End result was pure perfection!
Check out these other great quick bread recipes:
Not only is this Blueberry Bread incredibly simple to make, but there aren’t very many ingredients, so it is something you may even be able to whip up with what you have on hand already!!
Enjoy and make sure you also check out the video tutorial!
Moist, flavorful quick bread BURSTING with berries throughout! Print the recipe below for a breakfast, snack, or tasty sweet treat option!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs and milk.
- Add in th flour and baking powder.
- Once all is combined, carefully fold in the berries.
- Grease mini loaf pans, muffin pans, or a regular loaf pan.
- Pour batter evenly into greased pan(s), about 2/3 full.
- Place pan(s) in preheated oven, 350 degrees, for about 70 minutes if regular loaf, 35 minutes if mini loaves, or 30 minutes if muffins. *Every oven is different, so keep an eye on it
- Remove from oven once toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of bread.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pans and serving! ENJOY!