These INCREDIBLE Blueberry Streusel Muffins are bursting with fresh berries throughout! Topped with a mouthwatering streusel, these make for a great start to your day!
You’re probably scanning this recipe thinking to yourself “eh, another blueberry muffin recipe”, right?! Well, trust me on this….these are INCREDIBLE!
Over the years, with blueberry muffins being a favorite of my hubby’s….I have had my fair share of muffins. Some are hits, others are not, and some are just “so-so”.
Last week, the family was all off of work/school due to Holiday break. I had stocked up at the grocery store prior to break to ensure we had plenty to work with as far as meal time goes. Starbucks gets redundent after a while, am I right?!
As my hubby rummaged through the refrigerator, he landed on the fresh pack of blueberries I had purchased and immediately suggested blueberry muffins for breakfast.
Who was I to disagree to a breakfast made for me, where I didn’t have to do anything but keep him company! Score!!
Since my hubby is a master at trying new things and seems to always hit a homerun with his ideas, he decided to add a streusel topping that had the entire family declaring it our favorite part of the muffin!
These INCREDIBLE Blueberry Streusel Muffins are moist, fluffy, and have just the right amount of berries throughout. Add on the streusel topping and you have a combination that makes for a tasty breakfast or snack!
Each batch makes about 18 muffins, so plenty to enjoy throughout the days ahead! Or, freeze the extras and thaw them out as needed/wanted.
If you love blueberries, muffins, and are in the mood to bake….give these a try and be sure to let me know what you think!!
Hope your 2021 is off to a great start!!
INCREDIBLE Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- 2 cups flour *all purpose
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup flour *all purpose
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin tray with liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Pour in the melted butter slowly and stir with a fork until a crumbly mixture forms. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs and sugar.
- Whisk in the sour cream, oil, and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir until just combined.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup blueberries with the 1 tablespoon flour.
- Add blueberries into batter and gently fold into mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly into each lined muffin cup, filling about 2/3.
- Sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top of each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle the streusel generously on top of each muffin cup.
- Place pan into preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing and enjoy!