If you’re looking for a delicious, seasonal, berry cake recipe to add to your morning, this Blueberry Brunch Cake is perfect!
Cake for breakfast? Sign me up!
This Blueberry Brunch Cake is moist, not overly sweet, bursting with blueberries, and the cinnamon topping is amazing!!
Last weekend, my hubby woke up early on Saturday and decided to make the family a tasty new treat! Since we always have blueberries on hand, he decided to make this cake to use some of them up!
When my hubby and I first married, we quickly realized he was a huge breakfast fan and I was not! He would wake up in the morning and immediately look through the refrigerator and pantry for something yummy to make!
Me being the complete opposite, I would wake up, grab my coffee, and move on with my day not needing or wanting breakfast. I am more of a lunch/dinner fan!
Over the years, we met in the middle and I began to like the occasional breakfast, especially if he prepared this blueberry cake.
Once we had kids, he converted them into huge breakfast lovers and now, our weekends almost always have some sort of tasty dish!
Do you love breakfast?? Check out these other great options as well:
When my hubby made this the other day, the kids and I woke up to the smell of the cinnamon/blueberry. As I made my way into the kitchen, I saw this cake sitting there fresh from the oven and let me tell you, my mouth was watering just seeing/smelling it! Paired with my cup of coffee, it was an amazing way to start the day!
The whole family enjoyed it over the weekend and my hubby even enjoyed the leftovers during the work week!
Perfect for breakfast, snacks, evening treats, or when having company over, this is definitely our new favorite cake!!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you give it a try!
Blueberry Brunch Cake makes a great breakfast, snack, or evening treat! Print the recipe below and be sure to give it a try!
Blueberry Brunch Cake
- 2 cups flour *all purpose
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter *softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour *all purpose
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter *softened
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, butter, egg, sugar, salt, and milk. Mix well.
- Once combined, gently fold in the blueberries.
- Grease an 8 inch baking pan.
- Pour blueberry batter into pan and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter using a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of batter evenly.
- Place pan in preheated oven, 375, and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven once baked through and allow to cool 5 minutes before slicing!
Recipe updated 10/13/21