Hawaiian Dream Cake is easy to make and simply delicious. Following just a few simple directions, you can have this flavorful dessert ready in no time!
For my sister in laws birthday this year, she requested this for her birthday cake. I am more of a chocolate kind of gal, so I wasn’t too sure about this at first. Where is the chocolate, right? But, I decided to branch out and try this anyways!
Each time we have a birthday in the family, the tradition is for the birthday girl/boy to pick out their choice of dessert. Sometimes its a banana pudding cake, other times its a cobbler, and when my birthday rolls around, its ALWAYS something chocolate! Its a fun tradition we have and one that allows us all to try something new, enjoy our favorites, and each feel special when our day comes around!
If you have a sweet tooth like myself, check out these other favorites:
This actual cake calls for pineapple juice mixed in with the cake mix. It’s quite refreshing, light tasting, and even has a tropical hue to it! Definitely an amazing summer treat to try!
My mom whipped this up for her birthday celebration and the cake was a huge hit, especially with the kiddos! My son, being the fruit lover he is, ate his piece right up and even picked the orange slice off mine to eat, haha!
Since this cake calls uses a cake mix, it comes together and is quite the simple, yet flavorful shortcut dessert!
Whether making this for a birthday, summer picnic/gathering, or just a special treat for your family, this is a winner! This was an occasion where I guess chocolate just was not required!
Yellow cake mix
Instant vanilla pudding
Mandarin orange slices
Be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below!
Hawaiian Dream Cake is a dream come true…in cake form! Print the recipe below and give it a try!
Hawaiian Dream Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 20 oz crushed pineapple *drained, but keep juice)
- 8 oz cream cheese *softened
- 3 oz Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 9 oz cool whip
- chopped pecans
- shredded coconut
- mandarin orange slices
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions using pineapple juice and water in place of liquid called for in directions.
- Bake the cake at 350, for about 35 minutes in a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Allow cake to cool completely, set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, instant vanilla pudding, and milk together until smooth.
- Fold in the drained pineapple and spread mixture on top of cooled cake evenly.
- Spread cool whip on top of cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle desired amount of chopped pecans and shredded coconut over cool whip.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
- Place one mandarin orange on top of each slice if desired!