Oh boy! I don’t know about you, but my Pinterest board has been LOADED with poke cakes lately. Any time I browse, I come across chocolate cakes, Boston cream, tiramisu, etc. All of them look so yummy and like something my family would love.
I decided last Friday to get to work on a new dessert. Since I already had boxed chocolate cake mix on hand (don’t judge, sometimes a Cookin’ Chick gets tired and needs a shortcut, hehe), along with some mini marshmallows, I decided to go the “‘s’mores” cake route. Not only was this incredibly simple to make (my youngest kiddo helped me), but it was definitely a hit! This recipe makes a 9 x 13 pan worth of cake, so plenty to share!!
When you need a good dessert and don’t have a lot of time…..definitely make this! A crowd winner for sure!! Plus….s’mores just scream summer, right?!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix *enough for 9 x 13 baking pan
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 7 oz. marshmallow fluff (found in baking aisle)
- 12 oz. cool whip, thawed
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips (any kind works)
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan and preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil.
- Mix well and pour cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and using a wooden spoon, poke several holes into the cake.
- In a microwave, heat the fluff until easy to stir.
- Pour fluff over cake evenly and spread so it goes into poked holes.
- Spread cool whip over fluff as evenly as you can.
- Sprinkle crushed graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips over cool whip.
- Place cake in refrigerator until ready to serve!