This Cast Iron Blueberry Cobbler comes together in no time and is packed with flavor! Serve with a scoop of ice-cream or on its own for a tasty sweet treat!
Last week, my hubby had his 38th birthday! To celebrate, I asked him to pick any dessert he desired and I would make it for him.
I’m a HUGE chocolate lover, so secretly, anytime I ask my family what they want for dessert, I hope and pray they choose something chocolate related.
Luck was not on my side this time because he immediately requested a berry cobbler, haha!
Both he and my oldest son love cobblers, so I figured he’d opt that route, but one can hope, right?!
Since blueberries are a fav with all my kids, I knew I wanted to make a blueberry cobbler. Especially in the cast iron skillet because….that just makes everything better, right?!
When I went to the store, unfortuantely, the blueberries were just about gone, and the ones left didn’t look so great! I opted to use frozen blueberries in this, but if you have fresh, feel free to use those! Either will be great!
After preparing the biscuit topping and placing the skillet in the oven, the house smelled incredible and we all anxiously awaited dessert in oven!
We enjoyed our cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on top. Something about the hot cobbler with cold ice-cream, just makes everything taste better!
No worries though, if you don’t like ice-cream, this can definitely be enjoyed on its own. Or even with some whipped cream!
Next time you’re looking for a refreshing sweet treat, give this Cast Iron Blueberry Cobbler a try! Just the right amount of sweetness and PACKED with flavor!
Enjoy and be sure to come connect with me on Instagram too! Click HERE to say hi!
If you love cobbler, here is a great cherry version too!! Click HERE!
Cast Iron Blueberry Cobbler
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp flour *all purpose
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour *all purpose
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a 10 inch cast iron skillet (if you don't have one, use a 9x9 baking pan), make the filling by melting the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the blueberries, flour, and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Add in the sugar, lemon juice, water, and vanilla.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and allow to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and baking powder.
- Add in the butter (cold) and use your hands, a fork, or pastry blender, to combine until coarse crumbs are formed.
- Add in the buttermilk and stir until thick dough is formed.
- Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto the blueberry filling.
- Place skillet into preheated oven and bake for about 38-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with ice-cream or on its own!