This Smoked Bourbon Peach Cobbler is packed with flavor and quite simple to prepare! Serve on its own or with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!
Don’t you just love a good dessert?? Especially one that is light, refreshing, and of course…doesn’t take long to make! Well, this Smoked Bourbon Peach Cobbler fits all of that!
My dad and son LOVE cobblers! Each and every birthday, it is their dessert request! Typically, I make my Peach Cobbler Crisp because its so simple and PACKED with flavor. It also calls for pie filling, making prep work a breeze!
Last week, I noticed peaches on sale at my local grocery store. I didn’t know what I was going to do with them, but I bought several.
The first day, my son ate a peach and loved it. However, when I looked at the bowl of peaches left, I realized I had WAYYYY overbought!
Since I still had some banana bread on hand, I didn’t really think I should make my Peach Bread, so I moved on to dessert!
Combining my hubby’s idea of making a cast iron cobbler, we made this Smoked Bourbon version on his Traeger and it was INCREDIBLE!
The topping wasn’t overly sweet, so it paired perfectly with the fresh peaches! We served ours with a scoop of French vanilla ice-cream and everyone scraped their bowls clean!
If you don’t want to use fresh peaches, you can use canned peaches, just drain the water!
I don’t recommend using peach pie filling as its quite sweet and has a syrup like mixture with it that may overpower things! Stick with fresh peaches or canned (drained) and you’ll be set!
If you love cobblers, definitely give this Smoked Bourbon Peach Cobbler a try!
Cast Iron Skillet: https://amzn.to/3oZhgFe
Pastry Cutter: https://amzn.to/3cPf4xD
Recipe adapted from: Barbeque Bible
Smoked Bourbon Peach Cobbler
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups peaches *sliced or diced
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- Topping: Combine ingredients except the buttermilk. Using a pastry cutter, combine mixture until fine. Slowly add in the buttermilk and stir to incorporate. Set aside.
- Filling: In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients excluding the peaches. Once combined, carefully fold in the peaches.
- Grease a 12 inch cast iron skillet and pour peach mixture evenly onto the bottom.
- Drop batter evenly on top of peaches.
- Place cast iron skillet onto grill/smoker over indirect heat and allow to bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove and serve in bowls with/without ice-cream!