INCREDIBLE Banana Bread is just that…. INCREDIBLE! Perfectly moist, simple to prepare, and just about fool proof! Pair it with your morning coffee or enjoy as a snack throughout the day!
This recipe has been in my family for YEARS! It’s so simple to make and freezes perfectly!
Truth be told, I tend to make a batch just about any and every opportunity I get.
I tend to keep some extra bananas in my freezer, so when I am having guests over, need a snack for the kids, or want to send a loaf to some neighbors/friends/teachers, I make a batch!
Moist, fluffy and the optional addition of chopped walnuts give a nice crunch in each bite!
The secret ingredient to keep these moist is sour cream. I mentioned above that these are just about foolproof and I’m not kidding. Add the ingredients into a bowl, stir, pour into pans, and you are set. I have even overcooked this bread before and it was still just as good (well, with some butter spread on top, ha-ha)
Frequently asked questions:
How do I easily mash the bananas? Did you know you could use an electric hand mixer for this step? Your bananas will be perfectly mashed in no time! Break the bananas in half and place in a bowl. Start the mixer on low and gradually increase the speed! If you want to keep the bananas a little chunkier, you can also use two forks!
Can I add in some walnuts? Absolutely! In fact, I encourage it for a nice crunch in every bite! If it weren’t for my kids being a bit picky, I too would add in some chopped walnuts!
What else can be added into this banana bread? You can add in some fried cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips, walnuts, and/or 1 teaspoon of cinnamon!
Can I freeze this bread? Yep! Let the bread cool completely and wrap in plastic wrap or tin foil. Place wrapped bread in a freezer safe container or bag and place in the freezer. This bread can be frozen for about 3-4 months.
How do I reheat this? If frozen, simply set out on the counter and let it get to room temperature. I love slicing this and spreading some butter on each slice. Place it in the microwave for about 20 seconds and you have a mouthwatering treat!
More flavor packed banana recipe here:
Ingredients Needed for this INCREDIBLE Banana Bread:
- Vegetable Oil
- Sour Cream
- Baking Soda
- Nuts, optional
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 4 mini loaf pans, a muffin tray, or a large loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, vegetable oil, sour cream, eggs, baking soda, bananas, and flour.
- Stir until combined thoroughly.
- Fold in the nuts, if using, and pour batter into prepared pans (filling 3/4 full).
- Place into preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes if mini pans, 20-30 minutes if muffins, and 60-70 minutes if large loaf pan.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving!
This Incredible Banana Bread Recipe is so easy to make, super soft, and moist! The very best way to use up those overripe bananas as this bread is tender and packed full of flavor! Print the recipe below and give it a try!
INCREDIBLE Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour *all purpose
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped *optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large loaf pan, 4-5 mini loaf pans, or muffins trays.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and pour batter evenly into prepared pan(s).
- Place pan(s) into oven and bake 40-45 minutes for mini loaves, 60-70 minutes if large loaf, and 25-30 minutes if muffins.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before enjoying!
Recipe updated 1/24/22