This Double Chocolate Banana Bread is moist, PACKED with flavor, and a chocolate lovers dream come true! Use up those extra bananas and enjoy this bread!
I don’t know about you all but bananas are ALWAYS piling up in my house. My kids LOVE to eat them, so I always keep them in the house, but then one week they decide they don’t want them, so I end up with 8 or so blackened bananas. I usually throw them in the freezer until I am ready to deal with them, however, my collection keeps growing!
If you were to look in my freezer right now, you would see about 5 loaves of banana bread and now 5 more of this yummy chocolate banana bread. That wouldn’t include the 8+ bananas I have frozen, waiting to be baked with, lol! It is one of those things I like to always have since they are perfect for company, play dates snacks for the kids, etc.
Anytime I am in the mood for a sweet and am short on time, this banana bread is perfect! I can have it ready for the oven in less than 10 minutes, and be enjoying it about 25-30 minutes after that!
With a slight hint of banana, and LOTS of gooey chocolate chips….this is a hit with my entire family!
Freeze it, enjoy it now, gift it to neighbors and family, etc. This Double Chocolate Banana Bread is sure to be a hit with everyone! You may already have the ingredients on hand!
Hope you enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think if you try it! Also, come connect with me on Instagram!
Mini Loaf Pans: https://amzn.to/2VtVVYs
Large Loaf Pan: https://amzn.to/3ghW9Kl
Cooling Rack: https://amzn.to/3eQCr8e
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, bananas, vanilla, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease 4 mini loaf pans or 1 regualar loaf pan.
- Evenly divide batter amongst prepared pans (or pan).
- Place in preheated oven, 350 degrees, and bake for 30 minutes if mini loaves, or 60-70 minutes if large loaf.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.