These Banana Cream Cheese Muffins are moist, flavor packed, and include a mouth-watering cream cheese topping! Plus, they are ready to enjoy in only 30 minutes!
Do you ever look in your freezer and find TONS of bananas you didn’t realize were in there? Well, hopefully I am not alone in that because I thought I had about 3 to use up and when I glanced in my freezer last week, I had at LEAST 8, haha!
Most recipes I make call for about 3-4 bananas, so I pulled some out to thaw and originally planned on making banana bread.
Well, my afternoon got away from me and banana bread just didn’t end up happening.
Fast forward to the next day and I had three thawed bananas in my refrigerator, no weekend breakfast plans, and a hungry hubby.
Since my hubby is a huge breakfast fan, he and I put our minds together and decided to make the banana version of our favorite Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins.
Not only were they incredibly flavorful, but they were quite simple and quick to prepare!
The muffin itself is moist, fluffy, and tastes like the perfect banana bread…in muffin form. Add the cream cheese mixture on top and you have a combination to make any mouth water!
I always feel a little weird enjoying Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins in July since pumpkin always screams “Fall” to me, so now I get to enjoy the same great taste…in banana form!
If you’re looking for a great breakfast or snack option, look no further! Be sure to come connect with me on Instagram HERE and let me know if you give these a try (#thecookinchicks)!!
Recipe adapted from: Dixie Crystals
Banana Cream Cheese Muffins
- 2 cups flour *all purpose
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
CREAM CHEESE TOPPING
- 8 oz cream cheese *softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tray with liners (or grease).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bananas, sugars, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Whisk banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Scoop about a spoonful of cream cheese mixture onto each filled muffin cup and continue until all muffin cups have cream cheese.
- Place pan into preheated oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!